9 replies to this topic

#1 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:09 AM

So many new faces, I can't wait to see what this team looks like this spring! Can we turn the clocks ahead about 6 weeks?
Please don't feed the psychos.

#2 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

And HOW, man.

I'm kinda pissy about not going to any Spring Training games this year. Arizona is pretty spectacular in late February to mid-March. Unfortunately, we've (gag) booked (gag) a trip back to the midwest (gag) in mid-July (gag). We will be at the 7/13 Diamondbacks game, however, if any of you kids care to join us. It'll be my son's (and my wife's) first Wrigley games, and my first home game since... probably 2000? 2001?

#3 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

I'll be going to as many Grapefruit League games as I can. You can't beat going to Roger Dean Stadium to watch 3 games in one day for 5 bucks, especially since coolers are allowed there. I won't be able to go to Arizona (maybe I'll be making enough to afford the trip by the time the new facility is open), I don't see being able to fly back to Chicago for a game this year, but I already have tickets for all three games of the Cubs/Marlins at the new stadium here in April. I absolutely can't wait, football did nothing to take the sting off the Cubs season this year, I need one of my teams besides the Blackhawks to win something.

#4 Ashley

Ashley

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Twitter:CubsFan1023
  • Facebook:Ashley Bolton
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

I am so ready for Spring Training too! I miss baseball so much and Theo and Co. finally have me excited about Cubs baseball in Jan again. Ready to see what these new players can bring to the Cubs!

#5 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

Hey! No gagging about the Midwest!

I can't wait for ST either. Someday I'll make it out to Mesa and catch a few games.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#6 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hey! No gagging about the Midwest!

You're not in the midwest, you're in Ioway. I couldn't even find Iowa on a map of Des Moines.

And, considering that I spent the first 23 years of my life there, I feel entitled to be a bit gaggy. I mean, seriously, a Chicago/Kentucky (wife's family) trip in July??? ::shudder:: Ace doesn't know it yet, but I'm staying with him while my wife visits her family in Cincinnati.

#7 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

Cincinnati is the worst place on earth, I have absolutely no reason to doubt it.

As for the topic at hand, I'm ready for Spring Training about 9 seconds after the 27th out of the last game of the World Series.

#8 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:22 AM

We will be at the 7/13 Diamondbacks game, however, if any of you kids care to join us. It'll be my son's (and my wife's) first Wrigley games, and my first home game since... probably 2000? 2001?

Ya don't say... a TWC/Goat venture onto Chicago in July. Could the city handle it?

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#9 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:02 AM

We will be at the 7/13 Diamondbacks game, however, if any of you kids care to join us. It'll be my son's (and my wife's) first Wrigley games, and my first home game since... probably 2000? 2001?

Ya don't say... a TWC/Goat venture onto Chicago in July. Could the city handle it?

Would my wife allow it, don'cha mean?

#10 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

Ok, now with the Rizzo trade, I am even more excited today!! Come on, let's get this thing started already!

:D :D :D
Please don't feed the psychos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).