Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Twitter:SweetJJ1s
  • Facebook:Clay Dodson
  • LocationCookeville, Tennessee

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

Will anyone out there be attending opening day this year? This will be my third year in a row and I have my plane ticket and place to stay.

Just wondering how many people from Bleachernation will actually be there and where they will be sitting (Bleachers hopefully). It would be cool to meet up, watch the game, and drink a bunch of beer afterward.
Betternews is a Bitterbitch

#2 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

I wish. I may take half a day off, leave at noon and catch the game on WGN (I hope) but that is iffy because I only have 2 vacation days to last until July. I am considering a Wrigley trip later in the summer. For those of you who do get to go, I hope you have a great time and I am extremely jealous.

#3 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

Well that sucks. I do hope you get to catch the game on WGN at least. This might be the only time I get to see the Cubs this year, though I might try and travel to Atlanta when the Cubs visit (great tickets because NO ONE attends Braves games).

#4 Kansas Cubs Fan

Kansas Cubs Fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:@Kansas_Cubs_Fan

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

I've never been to Wrigley or Chicago, but I'm hoping to go sometime in the summer. I Can't decide if I want to spend money on a plane ticket or be a cheap ass and pay $100 for a round trip train ticket.

I will be catching quite a few games on WGN as usual though.

#5 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

I'll be going to Opening Day here in Des Moines April 5th so I can check out Rizzo in person, along with a shit load of overpriced beer.

I'll be in Mpls for the Twins vs Cubs series in June and I'll probably make at least one trip to Wrigley like I do every year.

What hotel do you guys stay in when you go to Chicago? Ive stayed at a few and was curious what ones you all have liked.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#6 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

I actually have not stayed in a hotel in Chicago. Im lucky to have a friend that lives in Wrigleyville. Plane tickets right now are pretty cheap (well flying out of Nashville $170 total).

#7 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Nice!! I've been lucky enough to score free tickets to about any game I want to go to for the past 10 years.

I've got my trips to Chicago down to a science:

I take I-80 to Geneva, IL. Park my car and take the Metra to downtown Chicago, cab it to whatever hotel and then I can take the el, walk or take taxis the rest of the weekend. Plus you can drink on the Metra train and the train station even has a bar that sells 6 packs to go. You really can't beat it.

#8 Ashley

Ashley

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Twitter:CubsFan1023
  • Facebook:Ashley Bolton
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

Never been to Wrigley but want to go so bad, but I will be sitting on my couch on Opening Day. Opening Day IMO is the greatest day of the year, it is like Christmas to me!

#9 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

I live a few thousand miles away from Chicago, so I'll be on my couch. I take a week off every year for opening day (and my birthday) to let the new season soak in. Can not wait.
- die hard fanclub member #001

#10 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

I've never made it for Opening Day, and I'm not sure I'll be able to swing it this year (I'm in Columbus, Ohio, for folks who didn't know). We're flying in for the Convention next week, and then I'm going to try and head down to Mesa for some Spring Training action. We also have a few vacations scheduled this Summer, and my brother just had a baby, so I've got to find my way to Texas at some point. And then there will be a handful of trips to Chicago over the course of the season to catch a game. Added up, I'm just not sure I can do Opening Day, which is a bummer.

#11 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

Well damn. I was hoping we could all spell out "Bleachernation.com" on our chests. I guess Ill just pay a bunch of homeless people with booze to do this.

Sigh.

#12 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Well damn. I was hoping we could all spell out "Bleachernation.com" on our chests. I guess Ill just pay a bunch of homeless people with booze to do this.

Sigh.

I would pay several American dollars to see this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).