#16 Kansas Cubs Fan

Kansas Cubs Fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:@Kansas_Cubs_Fan

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:07 AM

What you need is an old Zebco 202 maybe 404 since it is the ocean and all. Just kidding my boy peskers me all the time thankfully there is a lake near by. He started "splitting the worm" at five.

My niece(13) and nephew(9) bug me all summer long to take them with my brother and I to catch bluegill and green sunfish (aka bait).
I would take them to the river but their mom won't allow that.
I like seeing them so into fishing, pretty soon they need to learn how to cast and retrieve a bass lure.

#17 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

My boys, 6 and almost 3, cleaned out and organized their tackle boxes saturday. I tried getting the oldest to bass fish last summer but when he lost his first real lure on a snag he was devastated. He did actually catch a rock bass and stripper later though. Mostly it is long ears, shell crackers and bluegills.

#18 Kansas Cubs Fan

Kansas Cubs Fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:@Kansas_Cubs_Fan

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

My boys, 6 and almost 3, cleaned out and organized their tackle boxes saturday. I tried getting the oldest to bass fish last summer but when he lost his first real lure on a snag he was devastated. He did actually catch a rock bass and stripper later though. Mostly it is long ears, shell crackers and bluegills.

Theres not many, if any, long ear or shell cracker around here. But you can just about cast into a mud puddle and catch a green sunfish, they're EVERYWHERE!

You know sometimes I like catching greenies and bluegills more than I like going after bass and catfish. Non stop fun for all ages.

#19 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

"... the oldest ... did actually catch a ... stripper though.

Wow. You folks do things differently in Tennessee, don'cha?

#20 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:18 AM

"... the oldest ... did actually catch a ... stripper though.

Wow. You folks do things differently in Tennessee, don'cha?

Hey honey, I am taking the boys "fishing" again. By the way , I took all the ones from the cash register, that damn bait man only accepts single dollars, weird.

Guess that is an easy typo...how do you delete browsing history again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).