Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Sign Reliever Wesley Wright to One-Year Deal
Yesterday, 08:43 PM
- MLB and NPB Reportedly on the Verge of a “Maximum Bid” Posting System – And the Max is Just $20 Million
Yesterday, 05:36 PM
- Report: Cubs Will Do “Serious Listening” on Jeff Samardzija Next Week at the Winter Meetings
Yesterday, 03:48 PM
- Lukewarm Stove: Diamondbacks Want an Ace, but Archie Bradley’s Off Limits Even for David Price
Yesterday, 02:08 PM
- Interesting Non-Tenders from Around the League: Bailey, Turner, Wright, Hudson, Belisario, Others
Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Soriano at the Cub's Convention
Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:23 PM
CHICAGO -- "They boo people at Cubs Convention?"
That was a question posed to me by one of Alfonso Soriano's friends after I surmised that Soriano will probably get booed at Cubs Convention on Friday night. Yes, fans occasionally boo during the convention's star-studded opening ceremonies in the big ballroom at the Hilton.
I sure hope that Cub fans don't boo Sori at the convention. I would like to see them trade him as much as the next guy, but he's a standup guy with a good attitude and I for one have always liked him.
Any thoughts from any of you folks going to the convention? I personally have never been big on booing players, though there have been a few occasions when I couldn't really argue with the decision (Milton Bradley, for instance).
Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:39 PM
Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:38 AM
I just don't know what people booing him want him to do at this point. How could he possibly change how he plays at this point, when his athleticism is all but gone? Do they want him to forego his contract? Because thats obviously not happening (nor should it)....
Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:16 AM
Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:23 AM
"Man, he is so hot, you have to wear oven mitts to high-five him!"
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).