Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Reportedly Sign Pitcher Tsuyoshi Wada to a Minor League Deal
Yesterday, 07:16 PM
- Winter Meetings Denouement: What Did or Didn’t Happen with Jeff Samardzija, and What Comes Next?
Yesterday, 01:01 PM
- Another Meh Option Off the Board: Joba Chamberlain Reportedly to Sign With Tigers
Yesterday, 12:42 PM
- Minor Acquisitions: Tommy Hottovy, Charles Cutler
Yesterday, 10:58 AM
- Chicago Cubs Trade Brian Bogusevic to the Miami Marlins for Justin Ruggiano
Yesterday, 08:40 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Sabermetrics and Stats
Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:35 AM
So what metrics to you look at? Which ones do see has having value? Which ones do you think are flawed?
Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:54 AM
Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:27 PM
Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:50 PM
If I remember correctly, BR and Fangraphs use different formulas, one of which includes UZR.
Also, I have trouble completely trusting proprietary stats like WAR, where the inputs aren't 100% known (case in point, the WAR values on Baseball Reference and Fangraphs are different - sometimes by a considerable amount).
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).