Selling any non-Yankee and non-Cardinals game for Face Value
NorthSideIrish - Mar 07 2014 10:03 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Spring Training Miscellany: Rockies 13, Cubs 0 – March 11, 2014
Yesterday, 05:38 PM
- God’s Benevolence Watch: In Case You Were Worried About Pierce Johnson
Yesterday, 01:57 PM
- Pre-Gamin’: Rockies v. Cubs (3:05 CT) – Lineup, Broadcast Info, etc.
Yesterday, 12:42 PM
- Is It Too Early for Mock Draft Discussions? Probably – But Let’s Do It Anyway
Yesterday, 11:01 AM
- Convalescence Watch: Castro, Arrieta, Sweeney, Olt
Yesterday, 09:51 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 1/17/12 - Ruth
Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:32 AM
- the Babe was the first with an uppercut swing...players had always been taught to swing down
- Babe copied his swing from a monk in the orphanage who hit kids flyballs with a fungo
- lived his life thinking he was one year older than he really was
- more than likely he had african-american relatives, but much of his ancestry is shrouded in mystery
-he lived with his dad at the tavern his dad ran, and then when someone was murdered there, his dad had him live at the orphanage
- the book goes season by season...great stuff...
- was thrown out trying to steal a base to end the 1926 World Series
- the tales of indulgence are unbelievable
I have read it a couple of times...it really makes you appreciate just how famous this guy was....
Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:38 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).