Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Enhanced Box Score: Mets 2, Cubs 8 – May 18, 2013
Yesterday, 02:06 PM
- Pre-Gamin’: Mets v. Cubs (12:05 CT) – Lineups, Broadcast Info, etc.
Yesterday, 10:28 AM
- Sweet: Matt Garza is Coming Back Next Week
Yesterday, 09:54 AM
- Cubs Surveying Fans on How They’ll Use the Proposed Video Board at Wrigley Field
Yesterday, 08:56 AM
- David Bell Explains His Bad Send Yesterday and Other Bullets
Yesterday, 08:02 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 1/17/12 - Ruth
Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:32 AM
- the Babe was the first with an uppercut swing...players had always been taught to swing down
- Babe copied his swing from a monk in the orphanage who hit kids flyballs with a fungo
- lived his life thinking he was one year older than he really was
- more than likely he had african-american relatives, but much of his ancestry is shrouded in mystery
-he lived with his dad at the tavern his dad ran, and then when someone was murdered there, his dad had him live at the orphanage
- the book goes season by season...great stuff...
- was thrown out trying to steal a base to end the 1926 World Series
- the tales of indulgence are unbelievable
I have read it a couple of times...it really makes you appreciate just how famous this guy was....
Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:38 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).