Selling any non-Yankee and non-Cardinals game for Face Value
NorthSideIrish - Today, 10:03 AM
Steamers likes Cubs pitching prospects better than hitters this year
udbrky - Mar 04 2014 12:06 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Pre-Gamin’: Cubs v. Angels, Indians v. Cubs (2:05 CT) – Lineups, Broadcast Info, etc.
Today, 12:47 PM
- Were the Cubs Terrible at Defensive Shifts Last Year?
Today, 11:28 AM
- Prospect Notes: Olt, Soler, Geiger, Rosters
Today, 10:05 AM
- Cubs Single Game Tickets Go On Sale Today at 10am CT
Today, 09:45 AM
- Everybody Loves Baez and Other Bullets
Today, 08:46 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 1/17/12 - Ruth
Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:32 AM
- the Babe was the first with an uppercut swing...players had always been taught to swing down
- Babe copied his swing from a monk in the orphanage who hit kids flyballs with a fungo
- lived his life thinking he was one year older than he really was
- more than likely he had african-american relatives, but much of his ancestry is shrouded in mystery
-he lived with his dad at the tavern his dad ran, and then when someone was murdered there, his dad had him live at the orphanage
- the book goes season by season...great stuff...
- was thrown out trying to steal a base to end the 1926 World Series
- the tales of indulgence are unbelievable
I have read it a couple of times...it really makes you appreciate just how famous this guy was....
Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:38 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).