MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

So I just replied to BetterNews and this is the last time I'm responding to him until something changes. I think this is a clear, constructive response that says exactly what we all feel:

"Ok BetterNews I want to calmly and clearly state why so many of us are on your case about your “crystal ball” and the nature of your posts.

1-To say Garza should not be moved because it makes sense is a perfect response that many of us can agree. Garza is a top pitcher that makes the Cubs better, no doubt. But until this post you always said it in a indisputable, totalitarian manner. “Write it down Garza will not be traded” and similar definitive response are unjustifiable. Theo himself has said the Cubs are listening and the national media has confirmed that talks have happened, yet you continue to post daily on multiple occasions that Garza will absolutely not be traded.

2-If we challenge you, you be combative. Why? Most of us encourage civil debate but you seem to want people to agree with you and when challenged you pout and get angry. Instead of becoming hostile clearly give your reasons and avoid getting aggressive and personal.

3-We are hard on you because you continue to avoid civil discourse and talk in absolutes.

I am done trying to engage you until you make an effort to be more civil, and I and many of us will actively ignore you if you continue to make unconfirmed absolute statements. You are welcome to be here, and I (and many of us here) wish you see this critism as constructive.

Take care."

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#2 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

Good stuff. It apparently went right over his head though. I think your final response nailed it; "Goodbye".
- die hard fanclub member #001

#3 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

He did call me KGB, such a tool. I'm finished and I encourage everyone else to ignore him completely.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#4 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

First, you shouldn't be in the KBG, they're just bad people.
Secondly - I feel your pain and frustration. diehard was driving me nuts and it was suggested that I just ignore him. I find I sleep much better at night now that I'm taking that advice.
- diehard fanclub member #002

#5 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

This was just my last ditch effort to see of he'd snap and do something to get banned... But my gambit didn't work.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#6 JulioZuleta

JulioZuleta

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

I just ventured into the realm of the message board for the first time hoping those clowns don't post their drivel in here.

#7 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:20 PM

They don't but they do lurk.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#8 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:05 AM

Good to see you in here Julio, I always enjoy your comments on the front page.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#9 Dave H

Dave H

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationLombard,IL

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

Man, I go to sleep and get up to see what was going on and I see this. WOW. To be honest, I have relegated myself to lurking in the shadows because of these posts from people who just wanted start useless name calling and infantile arguments. Betternews is the kind of poster who gives these message boards such bad karma. To be honest, the fine people on the posts in here are the ones I really want to hear from. And Brett also.

"We won a game yesterday. If we win one today, that’s two in a row. We win one tomorrow, that’s called a winning streak. It HAS happened before." - Lou Brown

#10 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

Brett verbally dicked him in the dick this morning.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Please don't feed the psychos.

#11 butlerdawgs

butlerdawgs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:mwerner1814

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

I completely stopped paying attention to all of the posts on the main site. Everyone knows the smart people are on the message board.

#12 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

And, as I've said before: to the extent you guys want to start threads here that mirror the content on the front page (so you can be discussing the same stuff, in parallel, but without the intrusions), by all means, go ahead.

#13 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

And, as I've said before: to the extent you guys want to start threads here that mirror the content on the front page (so you can be discussing the same stuff, in parallel, but without the intrusions), by all means, go ahead.

I know it was a fuckup and all, but the old message board with the concurrent posts was a novel idea. Too bad it wasn't functional. It nearly brought the intertubes to their knees!

#14 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

Brett verbally dicked him in the dick this morning.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And my typo continues to live in infamy.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#15 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

I know it was a fuckup and all, but the old message board with the concurrent posts was a novel idea. Too bad it wasn't functional. It nearly brought the intertubes to their knees!

I think about it all the time, actually ... makes me sad it didn't work (and I've since learned it was never going to work).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).