#16 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

Maybe. Thought the host is in California, so, in that regard, yours should be the zippiest of all.

So next time your servers take a dump, you want me to hop over the hill, down into the valley, and shake some shit up? Kick some asses? Or can I just stay in my humble beach community?

How far can you throw?

#17 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Maybe. Thought the host is in California, so, in that regard, yours should be the zippiest of all.

So next time your servers take a dump, you want me to hop over the hill, down into the valley, and shake some shit up? Kick some asses? Or can I just stay in my humble beach community?

How far can you throw?

Farther than Campana.

#18 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

Reading this post, though it is a few week's old, I'm thinking maybe it isn't just me... hopefully...

It LITTERALLY takes MINUTES sometimes to load, though usually, it's "only" 15-20 seconds. Being new to the site, as I've been reading through threads, I've used the "go to first unread" functionality, and that REALLY drags most of the time. (being at IT professional, I know there's probably a lot of background processing to find, then go to the correct spot in the message DB, so that's to be expected, I guess)

I appreciate your dilligence in trying to keep things running as well as possible....

This IS a great site, and I'm enjoyin' it! Don't know why it took me so long to find my way here, but am glad I did.

Thanks again!

BTW, make sure that in the system configuration, you have the performance settings correct. Make sure the "Run REALLY fast" checkbox is checked!

#19 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

Reading this post, though it is a few week's old, I'm thinking maybe it isn't just me... hopefully...

It LITTERALLY takes MINUTES sometimes to load, though usually, it's "only" 15-20 seconds. Being new to the site, as I've been reading through threads, I've used the "go to first unread" functionality, and that REALLY drags most of the time. (being at IT professional, I know there's probably a lot of background processing to find, then go to the correct spot in the message DB, so that's to be expected, I guess)

I appreciate your dilligence in trying to keep things running as well as possible....

This IS a great site, and I'm enjoyin' it! Don't know why it took me so long to find my way here, but am glad I did.

Thanks again!

BTW, make sure that in the system configuration, you have the performance settings correct. Make sure the "Run REALLY fast" checkbox is checked!

Wait. Every page on the Board (or the Blog?) takes 15 to 20 seconds to load? That can't be right - load on the server is next to nothing, and, at least for me, the main content loads up in about 1 to 2 seconds max. Any more info on what you're experiencing (browser, what exactly you're doing when it's slow, etc.) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#20 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

The only slow down I ever get is on the main site waiting for the last few ads to load. It doesn't happen often, and it's not a big deal, or wait. I use firefox, chrome, and IE throughout the week and have no problems, so if there is an issue, it's probably their computer or connection, not the site or server.

#21 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

The only slow down I ever get is on the main site waiting for the last few ads to load. It doesn't happen often, and it's not a big deal, or wait. I use firefox, chrome, and IE throughout the week and have no problems, so if there is an issue, it's probably their computer or connection, not the site or server.

And the main content loads first, right? As in, while you're waiting for those last few things to load, you can still see the page, right? (That's how it's supposed to be functioning, anyway.)

#22 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

The only issues I have is due to either 3G service of my buildings wireless which is slow. Since you made the changes things have zipped, when I'm at home or ona good signal.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#23 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

I agree -- things have been much peppier since you futzed with things sometime after I started this thread.

#24 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

And the main content loads first, right? As in, while you're waiting for those last few things to load, you can still see the page, right? (That's how it's supposed to be functioning, anyway.)

Yes, the main content comes up right away with no issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).