#1 TFelt

TFelt

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'm sure someone has reported this, but with Victor out they need a DH. They're already looking to get their number 2 in Garza. Do you guys think the Tigers are going to make a run at Soriano to fill the DH spot? It makes sense for both sides. The Cubs have a crouded outfield, and are trying to dump his salary. The Tigers get Garza and have one of the best 1 & 2 pitchers in the game. They also get Soriano for dirt cheap (considerering how much we ate of Zambrano's). Now I don't know who'd we'd ask for in return other than Turner, but seems to make sense for both sides. What do you guys think?
"Did you just yell America?"

#2 Dougy D

Dougy D

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Facebook:Matt Crayne

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

That would be great if they had interest in Soriano. I would love to see him go to DH some where as he cannot play defense (I don't like his bat either). I think that we may be able to get Turner and a 2-3 good prospects with that deal, but we wouldn't be able to get the other top prospects. Who knows though. Maybe we can send Soto there as well and get another top notch prospect. In the end though, I don't see Garza moving before the season starts. I think that teams aren't willing to shell out so much like the Cubs did to get him. If he does get traded though, I would prefer it happened before the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).