Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

First it was Juan Carloz Oveido( the pitcher formally known as Leo Nunez) and now it's Roberto Hernandez Heredia(aka Fausto Carmona) who have been found to be using fake identities and...oh by the way, are a few years older than they were supposed to be. This situation brings to mind a few questions/concerns:

- How do these guys not know how old they are? Every kid in the U.S. knows how old they are! (hence the Chuck E Cheese referrence)...It's not any harder to count in Spanish....Ellos estan mintiendo para ganar diniero!

- Do we really think that these are they only two dudes from the DR that are guilty of this? Just please don't tell me that Starlin Castro is really 27 and his name is Esteban Jaquez Lopez Gonzalez.

- MLB teams need to come up with a better way to find out how old these prospects really are because obviously you can get birth certificates in the DR rolled up in a little plastic ball out of a vending machine. Is there another way to guage a humans age? Something like the rings around a tree?

-Maybe in the Cubs new Domincan facility they can have a birthing center for future prospects( think the cloning in Star Wars Episode II) "These shorstops will all be ready to be signed at seventeen. They will possess strong arms, good bat speed, but will not like to walk"

- Finally I still gotta believe that our man Soriano is older than he says he is. It would explain his rapidly declining skills and his fear of the left-field wall. You know how when people get older their reflexes start to go and they get a little skittish? He's probably in his early 50's.

#2 Kansas Cubs Fan

Kansas Cubs Fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:@Kansas_Cubs_Fan

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

I agree all this lying about age and names is ridiculous. The DR should really figure this problem out or the ML teams need to.

One way or another it needs to stop. It's annoying and embarrassing to see this happen.

#3 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

I think you nailed is Chris. We need to cut these kids open and count their rings.
- diehard fanclub member #002

#4 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

I think you nailed is Chris. We need to cut these kids open and count their rings.

No you need to look at their otoconium.

#5 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

Maybe Starlin Castro is YOUNGER than he says! Just think if he was having this kind of success at 14!?!?

#6 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

Damn it, that was gonna be MY retort! Freakin' twinkie...

#7 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Twitter:SweetJJ1s
  • Facebook:Clay Dodson
  • LocationCookeville, Tennessee

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:56 AM

This just means Starlin Castro is 34.
Betternews is a Bitterbitch

#8 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

Damn it, that was gonna be MY retort! Freakin' twinkie...

Yes!!!!!!! Winning!
- diehard fanclub member #002

#9 Coach Harris

Coach Harris

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

They were saying on the radio that Carmona (Hernandez Heredia) was the love-child of Roberto Hernandez and Felix Heredia.

#10 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

Maybe Starlin Castro is YOUNGER than he says! Just think if he was having this kind of success at 14!?!?

Castro looks his age, I can't put my finger on it, but he looks young. Not saying there isn't a chance he's actually 24-25, but seeing him on TV makes me doubt it.

#11 Coach Harris

Coach Harris

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Agreed he looks young...and acts young.

Remember that little maneuver he did?

Turning is back not paying attention when a pitch was thrown.

Maybe Brett is right. Maybe he is14.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).