Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

NFL CONFERENCE TITLE PICKS-MY STYLE.....back by popular demand(three requests)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:33 AM

Last week I was 3 out of 4 with my unique way of picking (that's 75% if you care to know, or akin to what Alfonso Soriano's fielding pcg will be) and the steady stream of e-mail requests I have gotten have made me give it another go...

BALTIMORE RAVENS @ NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS-

Last week I went away from my disdain for birds in combat match-ups, and correctly forecasted that the RAVEN would force the TEXAN into madness with it's Poe-like creepiness. The RAVEN must also be respected because of its uncanny ability to escape relatively unscathed from murderous late night stabbings outside of strip clubs. This week though, I see the PATRIOT shooting the tricky bird right out of the sky. The bird may peck out an eye, but will be killed by the musket or hatchet of the PATRIOT.
OFFICIAL PICK- NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

NEW YORK GIANTS @ SAN FRANSISCO 49ERS

The grizzled mid-1800's prospecter has now gained my respect after planting his pick axe squarely in the SAINTS pointy hat head in the waning moments of their contest. The GIANT now looms! (I am still frustrated by the non-descript size of the Giant...Andre the Giant or Jack in the Beanstalk?) In an upset of biblical proportions, I see the 49ER firmly planting his pick-axe in the GIANTS foot, rendering him immobile. Then the 49ER will frustratedly hurl large chunks of fool's gold from his arsenal, until the GIANT falls backward into a pool of his own blood. The 49ER then removes the pick from the GIANTS foot and finsishes him off. This is a longshot. One false swing with the pick-axe and the 49ER ends up crushed like that fella last week who worked for the Indian Meat Packing Company.
OFFICIAL PICK- SAN FRANSISCO 49ERS

Incidently, if you have never seen the biography about Andre the Giant on the BIOGRAPHY channel...it is fascinating! Even if you despise pro-wrestling, it will amaze you...some highlights

-Andre could drink at least a case of beer, sometimes close to two...at one sitting. He was always the designated driver! The tales of his consumption are legendary

-On the rare times Andre was scheduled to lose, the promoters and his opponents(many times Hulk Hogan) would just have to hope he would go along as no one could come close to matching him physically.

-Sterotypical "gentle" giant, sadly he knew from a young age that because of his condition he would most likely die before the age of 40. He kept this hidden, and when people would ask he would just say "don't worry about me"

-Longed to be "normal size" so he could do simple things like go to a theater

- Due to his condition(his body continued to grow) he lived with great pain for the last 15 years of his life

#2 Coach Harris

Coach Harris

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:08 AM

Andre also flipped over a car with three people in it. The three men (for some stupid reason) were antagonizing Andre at a tavern in France. The men ran out and sought refuge in their car, until Andre picked it up and flipped it over.

Granted, I know they drive those weenie little cars over there in Europe...but that is still pretty impressive.

I like the opposite today: Ravens v Giants.

#3 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,641 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

(Good stuff - moving to the Other Sports section)

#4 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

It's been a few years since seeing probably the same documentary. What was it about him being so excited when he got his first car? Something about having to have a sunroof or convertible? Well, I guess there wouldn't be much more to the story then that, never mind.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).