#1 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

So, I'm planning to make several trips to Wrigley this year, and something I don't know: am I better to get one of those 9-game packs, or just buy individual tickets after March 9?

The specific games don't matter to me too much - I just want to go four or five times over the course of the summer - and I'm betting that the Cubs don't sell all their individual tickets out immediately, even to some of the better games. I also have weekday flexibility, so I can go whenever.

Anyone have a sense of - pricewise - which is the best approach? I priced out some of the packs, and they'd get me nine tickets for around $200 for upper deck in the outfield or around $400 for the bleachers.

#2 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

I did a mini season ticket package for the Cardinals a few years ago (I had tickets to 3 Cubs games, as well as the second game of the season and a game on my son's birthday, it was pretty perfect, even if it was in a toilet under a highway) and it ended up being a little cheaper than buying individual game tickets. The advantage was that I had my choice of packages and had decent range to pick games. I just looked into the Cubs 9-game package, and it looks like a great idea if there are certain games you want. Personally, I'd go for the Red Sox and Cardinals then fill in the other 7 games with division games and maybe the Marlins and Phils, since those are available as well.

Financially, it will likely be close to a wash, but with the package you'd get the security of knowing you have tickets to certain games and you'll be able to make travel plans ahead of time.

#3 TheWishman

TheWishman

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

The good thing about the 9 pack plan is the first two games you select are guaranteed marquee games. The prices are higher but at least you guarantee a White Sox / Red Sox / Opening Day ticket. While not in as demand as they used to be, both the White and Red Sox series will sell out, especially since the Red Sox fall on Father's Day weekend.

This package also doesn't force as many spring weekday games as plans in the years past. If you dont mind doing the upper deck, those seats are perfectly fine for going to a game. Terrace Reserved OF are also pretty good if you get a section in the sun for some rays!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).