Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Interesting Non-Tenders from Around the League: Bailey, Turner, Wright, Hudson, Belisario, Others
Today, 11:59 AM
- The Daytona Cubs Are Baseball America’s Minor League Team of the Year
Today, 10:38 AM
- Tanaka Update: NPB Willing to Accept Maximum Bid Structure, and Posting Fee Might Not Be Issue for Cubs
Today, 09:10 AM
- There Could Be a Couple Finalists for the WGN Radio Gig and Other Bullets
Today, 07:50 AM
- Yankees Gonna Yankee: Agree to Seven-Year, $153 Million Deal with Jacoby Ellsbury
Yesterday, 08:07 PM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cub Fan Dan (42)
Face of the Franchise
Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:44 AM
He is everything that defines being a Cub, both as a player and fan. I'm sure a few could argue for Banks but for me it's all about Santo.
Anyone else care to comment on this?
Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:06 AM
"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy
"Ow" - Dylan Bundy
Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:22 PM
Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:49 PM
Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:00 PM
It's because Ernie is black, isn't it Goat?
Santo was a multiple generation face for the Cubs and just because he's not with us currently doesn't mean he doesn't represent the voice of every Cub fan. His energy, excitement, and pain as a Cub fan is immortal. If the Cubs ever build a new stadium it should be named after him.
Sorry, I couldn't resist! JUST KIDDING! Seriously though, Ron Santo is like the white Ernie Banks.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).