Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

The time for BN Fantasy Baseball is now!

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#16 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

Come on BNers we only have 4 registered teams, the more we have the more fun it will be. I not concerned about what level of knowledge or experience you have, I just want to be part of a leauge with friends and have fun watching me fail at fantasy. Join let's have some fun.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#17 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

It's still a bit early isn't it? Or is it?

#18 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

Yes but I think we are all itching for baseball, it crazy impatient watch for Spring Training and the season to begin.

The draft is tentatively two month away so yes we have plenty of time, but it would be fun to start to discuss the scoring. Ah patience is soooo hard!

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#19 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

As a perennial commissioner in both baseball and football leagues, I can say for a fact that it is never too early to get the league set up. Just sign up and forget about it until it's time to draft in late March. After that you can all watch me dominate your asses for the next six months.

Nothing worse than waiting until the last minute to find people to make a decent size and even teamed league. Someone get Die Hard, Betternews and Jeff L in the league. I'd like to see them in their own division. We'll call it the special division. Let's see what happens.
- die hard fanclub member #001

#20 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Twitter:SamVari7
  • Facebook:sam.varipapa
  • LocationBaltimore MD & Huntington WV

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

Its never too early for fantasy baseball. especially with all of the customizations that can be made to the league.
"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."- Hunter S. Thompson

#21 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

As a perennial commissioner in both baseball and football leagues, I can say for a fact that it is never too early to get the league set up. Just sign up and forget about it until it's time to draft in late March. After that you can all watch me dominate your asses for the next six months.

Nothing worse than waiting until the last minute to find people to make a decent size and even teamed league. Someone get Die Hard, Betternews and Jeff L in the league. I'd like to see them in their own division. We'll call it the special division. Let's see what happens.

That is a great idea. If they join I will make it happen hahahaha

#22 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:07 AM

Come on BNers we only have 4 registered teams, the more we have the more fun it will be. I not concerned about what level of knowledge or experience you have, I just want to be part of a leauge with friends and have fun watching me fail at fantasy. Join let's have some fun.

Also I am trying to set up the divisions based on experience so that the people without out as much fantasy baseball know-how will play each other more than they will play the people who have fantasy baseball experience

#23 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

Let me know if you want me to give it a shout in a Bullet. I'd be wary of doing so, though, if you want to keep the league a little more personal and close.

#24 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

Let me know if you want me to give it a shout in a Bullet. I'd be wary of doing so, though, if you want to keep the league a little more personal and close.

No don't do that then "the others" would join

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#25 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

Thats what I was thinking. I think its better if we keep the league in the BN message board community what with it being a keeper league and all

#26 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Yeah, hold off on the promotion. If it comes down to the last minute and Sam's still trying to fill out some spots, then that would be a great option. But hopefully the regulars on this board will trickle in quick enough to avoid that.

Brett and Sam, I love you guys.
- die hard fanclub member #001

#27 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

I'm in. Ready to dominate. You better be scared Katie, my team plays dirty.

But seriously, everone should be in the league. Easy to pick up on the rules and strategies. I've been in dozens of leagues, but I've never been in a keeper league before, pretty stoked about that.

Bring it on, assmunch! I think I'm going to join. Fuck it. At the very least I'll look forward to some verbal abuse from you clowns. Best case scenario, I kick much ass. Oh wait, too late.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#28 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

Yeah, hold off on the promotion. If it comes down to the last minute and Sam's still trying to fill out some spots, then that would be a great option. But hopefully the regulars on this board will trickle in quick enough to avoid that.

Get a room! :)

So, how it the draft going to work?

I've played in a celebrity fantasy league circa 2003 and I drafted Paris Hilton AND Lindsay Lohan. I murdered everyone. You get points for things like pregnancy, rehab, drunk leaving a bar, arrests, etc. It was a ton of fun!
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#29 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

Get a room! :)

So, how it the draft going to work?

I've played in a celebrity fantasy league circa 2003 and I drafted Paris Hilton AND Lindsay Lohan. I murdered everyone. You get points for things like pregnancy, rehab, drunk leaving a bar, arrests, etc. It was a ton of fun!

Its pretty easy. You just go to the league page and click on the tab marked draft and then you just select a player when its your turn to draft. Or you can just not do anything and it will automatically pick players (or i'll pick for you, in which case your first overall pick will probably be Darwin Barney)

#30 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

I want in. I have used espn's fantasy leagues for baseball football and basketball. So I got some experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).