#1 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

This is my first topic, so go easy on me. I had been thinking what it would mean for the Cubs to finally win. Would there be riots, work stoppage, or even the apocalypse? While everyone has different reactions I would go crazy as soon as the game was over I would start crying like a little baby then go outside and start screaming down my street and getting everyone to come out and party like a fucking rock star!!!! lol When that moment happens it would mean a lot to anyone but I think it would mean more if Ronnie was still alive. I think every true Cub fan would have wanted Ronnie to see his beloved team win it all. I didn’t see him play but man you could just tell how much he care from listening to him of the radio. Ronnie was the best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be.

So to all of you I ask this:

What would it mean to you? what would you do? how would you celebrate?

what would it mean to the city? What would you do rub it the uglyass teams face across town?

how much more proud would you be of being a Cub fan?

feel free to add anything else

#2 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

I'll get arrested for screaming all night long

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#3 Kansas Cubs Fan

Kansas Cubs Fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:@Kansas_Cubs_Fan

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:21 PM

Cry, scream, smile, wetting of the pants, punch every person wearing a cardinals hat, and smile for a very long time.

#4 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

I would quit my job, leave my wife and dogs, and go on a week long coke binge. After that I'd spend the next few years kicking the shit out of bandwagon jumping posers who claim to have been fans before they won. Liars.
- die hard fanclub member #001

#5 Kansas Cubs Fan

Kansas Cubs Fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:@Kansas_Cubs_Fan

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

bandwagon jumping posers who claim to have been fans before they won.

It will be terrible. The trolls are already bad, and it will get worse.

#6 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

I won't leave the streets surrounding Wrigley for a week. WHEN the Cubs do it, even if I can't get into the game, I'm going to be there. Right freaking there.

#7 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

Every year I make sure I have a week or so of vacation just in case I have to go to Chicago for the World Series. Back in '03 I made sure my professors knew that there was a chance I'd be leaving for Chicago. Then, Gonzalez. But anyways, I'll probably cry and have a stroke. I'm sure the city will be nuts.

#8 dabynsky

dabynsky

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

Every year I make sure I have a week or so of vacation just in case I have to go to Chicago for the World Series. Back in '03 I made sure my professors knew that there was a chance I'd be leaving for Chicago. Then, Gonzalez. But anyways, I'll probably cry and have a stroke. I'm sure the city will be nuts.

Thanks for proving my point that I have made with many people about actual Cubs fans. Alex Gonzalez bobbling that easy double play ball was far more damaging than the whole Bartman play. I thought that at the time I watched on a crappy 17" inch TV in my college apartment with my brother and continue to think that to this day.*

*The irony being that Alex Gonzalez being the one player that ever made me question about clutch hitting being an ability given his knack that year for game winning or tying hits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).