Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Early Planning - BN Get-Together at Wrigley in the First Couple Weeks of the Season?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

This is very preliminary, and not at all formal, but I'm going to be in Chicago for at least a portion of the second week of the season, from, like, Monday or Tuesday until Thursday, April 12 (Brewers). I'll be there for a couple games, almost certainly in the Bleachers.

So, I figured I'd give folks the early head's up, and start taking stock of folks' thoughts on a get-together. Obviously if anyone else wants to go to the game, sweet, and we can sit together in the Bleachers. Otherwise, we can get together somewhere around Wrigley one of those evenings, or even on Friday afternoon/evening (we can watch the Cubs play the Cardinals at 2:15 in St. Louis).

Anyone going to be around, generally-speaking, that week, and interested in a get-together? I had a blast hanging with/meeting folks at the Convention, and figured I should give it a shot again.

#2 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

My Chicago visit this year won't be until July. My family and I will be taking in the 7/13 Diamondbacks game, in case any of you BN folk care to make arrangements. I'll be wearing my BN thong. I'll be easy to spot.

#3 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

My Chicago visit this year won't be until July. My family and I will be taking in the 7/13 Diamondbacks game, in case any of you BN folk care to make arrangements. I'll be wearing my BN thong. I'll be easy to spot.

But did you spring for the fur lined upgrade?

I will probably be there sometime in May, as usual and I'll be in Mpls for the inter league series since I lived up there for 4 years & also because I haven't seen a game at Target Field yet.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#4 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

I plan to be there many times throughout the summer, so I'm sure there will be more overlaps. I just knew this would be the first.

#5 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

wait...you people don't all live in the Chicagoland area?....I wonder if the White Sox have any fans outside of Illinois?.....

#6 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

wait...you people don't all live in the Chicagoland area?....I wonder if the White Sox have any fans outside of Illinois?.....

yea, they do, but they're only out of state because the in-state maximum security prisons wouldn't have them

#7 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

I'm fearful that I may not make it to Chicago this summer due to budgetary constraints (thats a word you say after too much watching politics and going to school board meetings). However Grand Rapids does have The Tigers A-ball affiliate in town and the Peoria Chiefs visit once a year so if anyone is up to coming to West Michigan and enjoy a game a visit to Founders Brewery that could be fun, or someone could "host" a goat for a Chicago trip. ;)

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#8 JulioZuleta

JulioZuleta

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

I plan to be there many times throughout the summer, so I'm sure there will be more overlaps. I just knew this would be the first.

I live 2 El stops away. Let me know what game(s) you end up buying. I'm sure I can make it to one.

#9 butlerdawgs

butlerdawgs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:mwerner1814

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

I'm fearful that I may not make it to Chicago this summer due to budgetary constraints (thats a word you say after too much watching politics and going to school board meetings). However Grand Rapids does have The Tigers A-ball affiliate in town and the Peoria Chiefs visit once a year so if anyone is up to coming to West Michigan and enjoy a game a visit to Founders Brewery that could be fun, or someone could "host" a goat for a Chicago trip. ;)

So would you say that your visits to Wrigley have been RIFed?

#10 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:41 AM

I'm a teacher in Michigan everything has a RIF looming over it, even my beer drinking. Fucking economy.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#11 butlerdawgs

butlerdawgs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

I'm a teacher in Michigan everything has a RIF looming over it, even my beer drinking. Fucking economy.

It's OK, dealing with the same stuff here in Indianapolis and surrounding area. My fiance is a teacher and I cover all of the gov't/school board meetings in one of the Indy suburbs...not a fun time in the industry

#12 butlerdawgs

butlerdawgs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

I'll be there for a couple games, almost certainly in the Bleachers.

I guess the big question is...left field or right field?

#13 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

yea, they do, but they're only out of state because the in-state maximum security prisons wouldn't have them

::rimshot::

#14 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

I'll be there for a couple games, almost certainly in the Bleachers.

I guess the big question is...left field or right field?

I think Ace is planning on renting out the new bleacher boxes above the new sign in right. He's even arranged to have the new scoreboard below scroll through all the new posts -- mostly MG's -- on that day's live Game Thread. It cost him a pretty penny, but the profits from all those t-shirts has gotta go somewhere.

#15 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:38 AM

I will be there that Tuesday night but not in the bleachers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).