Selling any non-Yankee and non-Cardinals game for Face Value
NorthSideIrish - Today, 10:03 AM
Steamers likes Cubs pitching prospects better than hitters this year
udbrky - Mar 04 2014 12:06 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Spring Training Miscellany: Cubs 3, Angels 2; Indians 7, Cubs 2 – March 7, 2014
Today, 05:17 PM
- SchadenfReds: Brandon Phillips Says Silly Things
Today, 02:06 PM
- Pre-Gamin’: Cubs v. Angels, Indians v. Cubs (2:05 CT) – Lineups, Broadcast Info, etc.
Today, 12:47 PM
- Were the Cubs Terrible at Defensive Shifts Last Year?
Today, 11:28 AM
- Prospect Notes: Olt, Soler, Geiger, Rosters
Today, 10:05 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Things you hate that everyone else likes
Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:24 AM
Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:33 PM
1. People who say I shouldn't hate things but rather, I should dislike them
2. People who diss my choice to drink cheap beer by saying it has no flavor - no it has a flavor that I prefer over the craft beers
3. That I didn't see there could be a career in sports even without athletic talent when I was in high school
4. That I quit a FANTASTIC job a few years ago on a whim
5. How my boss has artfully combined the worst qualities of the Theory X and Theory Y managerial styles into one terrible thing (she is an old-school manager that tries to be passive-aggressive about everything)
6. My propensity to get bored with something really quickly
8. That super-hot mom at my son's daycare because she is married and she won't give me the time of day to say hello
9. People with mortgages who don't read what they sign at closing and then blame the bank
10. People who expect the banks to just fork over tens of thousands of dollars just because their house decreased in value, more so when it is after they do a couple cash-out refinances
11. My job - in case you aren't sure what I do, see 9 and 10
13. ESPN's over-hyping of mediocre athletes
14. ESPN on TV
15. Jim Rome and any sports talk hosts like him
16. People who walk around with earbuds in listening to music. Seriously, do you die if you don't have music?
17. MTV, ABC Family, ABC, ESPN
18. History and Discovery Channels' "reality" shows - honestly, I generally only watch your channels for the alien show, Mythbusters, documentaries and other fact-based shows. I have no interest in watching how a restoration business, pawn shop, truck driving, fishing boat or other business is ran.
19. Talk radio
20. Stupid people
21. People with 0 common sense
22. Trolls (both the tall, smelly, green kind and the social kind
23. Daniel Tosh (see 22 for the reasoning)
24. Music talent scouts (I think we can see where the Cubs have been getting their amateur scouts from)
25. Keith Law
26. Chris Dodd (see Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac and the Dodd-Frank law)
28. Fads (after scanning this list, I wonder how many people are going to read that wrong)
29. Bars that play obscenely loud music
30. Bars in West Des Moines (if you want to see the largest collection of 20-something douche-nozzles, go to West Glen, which is in the heart of West Des Moines)
31. Extremely long lists
32. People who preach tolerance of others and then bash those they don't agree with into the ground
33. The UN
34. the phrase, "I hope I am wrong, but..."
35. Overly negative people
36. The Presidential election process (I am not talking about the electoral college, but how a candidate can ride a couple buzz-words to election)
37. The Republican love-fest with Ronald Reagan
38. The Democrats crap-fest with W.
39. The "I am against the war, but with the troops" line - just sounds sooo fakey
40. Flag lapel pins - it is very fakey - seriously, if I don't wear one that makes me a communist?
41. That the same contingent that wants to ban cigarette smoking is perfectly ok with smoking weed
42. That being rich and successful in business is a bad thing
43. Obesity being blamed on everything but the person's own choices
44. Blame being passed around incorrectly in general
45. That it is perfectly ok to want to ban gun ownership but you better not even read the 1st Amendment incorrectly
46. People who are so negative
47. Tim Tebow
48. Lazy journalists saying Linsanity, Lindemonium, etc...
49. Parents who kill their children
50. Laws created immediately following or during great national tragedies
There, my list, it is long (once I hit 12 I wasn't going to stop until at least 50 and thought about going for 100, but I figured I already pushed a few buttons and in order to get to 100 I would have to push just about all of the buttons) but it is a portion of the things in life that irk me. I really am a positive, nice person.
Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:35 PM
I dabble with it, I generally don't stray too far from the "old standards". If I go away from the macro-brews I like to go to German brews and namely, the "Optimator". I don't like Wheat or fruit beer, for me, the bitter-er the better-er, or maybe its the hoppier the better-er...You'd have a lot less hate in your life if you'd let your palette enjoy craft beer.
You had me at #2
Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:16 PM
I think the electoral college is shitty and outdated, and takes any type of influence on the outcome of the election away from all but a few states.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).