#16 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

A comment rating system is extremely high up on the list. It's just a matter of someone developing a good one for Wordpress. There simply isn't a good one yet (yet or still - there used to be a good one that no longer works).

#17 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

I'm I'm give me a chair a ladder and BetterNews we can charge $49.95 for the pay-per- view rights

But only if TWC displays the round # signs in his BN 'nana hammock.

Yo, baby! With the size of THIS hammock, we can go for 1000's of rounds! BOOM!

#18 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

I'm I'm give me a chair a ladder and BetterNews we can charge $49.95 for the pay-per- view rights

But only if TWC displays the round # signs in his BN 'nana hammock.

Yo, baby! With the size of THIS hammock, we can go for 1000's of rounds! BOOM!

Is NASA done constructing yours?
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#19 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

I think a weekly "Who Gets Dicked in the Dick" segment where the biggest douch nozzle of week (celebrity, politician, Cardinal) gets noticed and scorned.

"Get to know your troll" a monthly segment that reviews the comments of the latest asshat then we celebrate him through humiliation.

Or a "Win a Date with Katie" maybe a BN Bachelorette contest... It be a huge fundraiser

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#20 justinjabs

justinjabs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Twitter:justinjabs
  • LocationMilwaukee

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Love the mailbag idea! Do it. :)

Posted Image

"With Reed we will succeed."
Twitter -- Blog

#21 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

The only thing about a comment rating system, is that its like hearing your voice on the answering machine; all preconceived notions about how cool you sound go out the window. Like, now, I hit 'post' and think, "What an intelligent, witty comment. Everybody will probably enjoy reading my opinion on this." With comment ratings, I will be forced to face reality.

#22 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

I think a weekly "Who Gets Dicked in the Dick" segment where the biggest douch nozzle of week (celebrity, politician, Cardinal) gets noticed and scorned.

"Get to know your troll" a monthly segment that reviews the comments of the latest asshat then we celebrate him through humiliation.

Or a "Win a Date with Katie" maybe a BN Bachelorette contest... It be a huge fundraiser

Love all of these except I don't think anyone wants to win a date with me. I doubt many people would consider that 'winning' except for maybe Charlie Sheen.

I like the Dicked In The Dick portion. I wish my phone didn't try to autocorrect it to 'duck' though.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#23 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:57 AM

Frankly Madam, I don't care what you do to my duck.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#24 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

Duck off, puppet.

#25 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

I will respond to this message board thread in the only way possible:

Per Google this is the greatest Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.

In all seriousness, I think the next logical step is a weekly podcast. The podcast would allow you to bring in guests, interview players and front office staff and reach out to a larger audience.

After that, you would have to buy the Budweiser house and turn that into BN central and put your desk in the window that faces Wrigley.

#26 CarolinaCubsFan

CarolinaCubsFan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationThe Piedmont of North Carolina

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

This is best suggestion by far you have no freakin idea! I'd be in like that.....I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

#27 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

In all seriousness, I think the next logical step is a weekly podcast. The podcast would allow you to bring in guests, interview players and front office staff and reach out to a larger audience.

Aren't podcasts a little ... um ... passé at this point? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm serious. Do you folks still DL podcasts? It just seems so, I dunno, 2006 at this point. No?

'Course, now that I say that, it seems a lot of things stopped in 2006 for me. Wonder why... oh, yeah: offspring.

#28 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

Aren't podcasts a little ... um ... passé at this point? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm serious. Do you folks still DL podcasts? It just seems so, I dunno, 2006 at this point. No?

'Course, now that I say that, it seems a lot of things stopped in 2006 for me. Wonder why... oh, yeah: offspring.

They aren't quite as big-time as they were three, four years ago, but the handful that remain are widely listened to.

I'd love to do one. The issue for me is time. A *good* 30/45-minute podcast takes a long time to put together. Hours, and hours. You can't just sit down and talk - it'll suck, and no one will enjoy it, even if it's stuff you otherwise like to hear about.

I've had a number of conversations with various podcasting vets about doing one in the future. It's on the table. My role would probably be limited.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).