King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

Dang, man. I don't care which team it is, a perfect game is the most amazing baseball feat ever. If you can't appreciate that -- White Sox pitcher or not -- I don't know how you can consider yourself a baseball fan.

It can't be that amazing, it hasn't happened to the Cubs since 1965. Aren't the Cubs supposed to be the biggest losers of everything and all time? If the Cubs can't get no-hit, then it can't be that impressive or hard to do.

#17 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,641 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Dang, man. I don't care which team it is, a perfect game is the most amazing baseball feat ever. If you can't appreciate that -- White Sox pitcher or not -- I don't know how you can consider yourself a baseball fan.

It can't be that amazing, it hasn't happened to the Cubs since 1965. Aren't the Cubs supposed to be the biggest losers of everything and all time? If the Cubs can't get no-hit, then it can't be that impressive or hard to do.

I just saw this. Ha. Funny.

#18 dreese

dreese

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationDekalb/Arlington Heights

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

i just dislike the American League. I never really thought much about the Sox. I grew up in the northwest burbs and I honestly didn't know the Sox were a team until i started seriously collecting cards in 87 (i had been to at least 3 Cubs games by then). WGN didn't show them. I really knew no one who liked the sox, never saw a sox shirt or bumper sticker. it was more likley to see a Cardinals logo than the white sox back then, up north. The few Sox fans I knew were petty cool and usually had their roots in the southside. Recently though, more White Sox fans define themselves by not their love of the sox, comiskey, the southside, or the players... but by their hatred for the Cubs. I try to remain indifferent to Sox fans but because there is a literal shit ton of Cub-haters and band wagon jumpers that represent this team... its hard to like the team or give the fans the benefit of the doubt. I have one friend who is the real deal good guy awesome sox fan. i find myself rooting for them on occasion, just because he is such a good baseball guy, but then i pull my head out of my ass.

i agree completely I interned in an office over the summer and I tried to talk baseball with some of my employees. Here's the conversation: "Hey how are the sox doing in the standings?"
"Your a sox fan?"
"No, I'm a cubs fan but you guys are still in the race right?"
"Your a cubs fan? Haha blah blah cubs suck."

They annoy me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).