King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

Kerry Wood. There are too many memorable moments with Wood on the mound and even some at the plate for him to not be my favorite. I really like Garza too, but I don't want to get too close and have my feelings hurt when he leaves us. As for new(er) Cubs, I am really looking forward to seeing Brett Jackson play at Wrigley. I've seen him when he played for the Smokies a few times and I think he's going to be a pretty exciting player in the majors.

#17 Shawn

Shawn

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationChampaign

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

Starlin Castro. Although the acquisition of Anthony Rizzo has me excited.

#18 Shawn

Shawn

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationChampaign

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

dp

#19 BFiddy

BFiddy

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:Bridger_Macau
  • Facebook:Bridger Fetters
  • LocationMacau

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:57 AM

I continue to be more and more excited about Rizzo. He tweeted yesterday that he'll be wearing #44 this season, which has always been my second choice after #29.

As far as historical baseball players, #10 will always be my favorite. Despite the fact that I am too young to have seen him play, Ronny is reason #1 that I love the Cubs.
And that's a bad miss...

#20 justinjabs

justinjabs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Twitter:justinjabs
  • LocationMilwaukee

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

I'm obsessed with Reed Johnson. I sponsor his BR page and I just love watching him play. One of my favorite memories (besides his awesome catches) is his pinch hit, walkoff HBP on throwback day. Wow.

Other favorites...

Favorite SP: Dempster. Funny guy, fan friendly, great story with his daughter, reliable. (Garza close second)
Favorite RP: Kerry Wood. For reasons you all can guess.
Favorite IF: Used to be Derek Lee, but now it's probably Starlin Castro. Young exciting player that I hope is around for many, many years.
Favorite OF: Reeeed! Although, I was fond of Byrd for a bit, but I wouldn't be too upset if he was traded.
Favorite New Guy: Rizzo. I'm a huge Theo fan and I love the connections and trading story.

And, an A+ for whoever mentioned Mrs. DeJesus.

Posted Image

"With Reed we will succeed."
Twitter -- Blog

#21 frozentoews

frozentoews

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:@johnguminski
  • Facebook:johnguminski

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Reed, now and forever. Something besides his grit and whatever. Cool little story:

My friends from school came up and visited over summer for the 4 games against the Brewers. We sat in my parents seats (Section 431 Row 1) for the first two and then got tickets in the bleachers for game 3. It was dollar hot dog night and I told my buddies going into the game that if Reed hits a homer, 3 rbi's, or 3 hits, I'm buying 10 hot dogs to give out to the bleachers.

http://www.baseball-...201106150.shtml

As you can see, Reed hit a bomb, which lead to 10 hot dogs, and then 3 rbis, which was another 10 hot dogs. Finally, in the bottom of the 8th, Reed threw my a ball on line to my CF seats. Completing the greatest karma day ever, I gave the ball to this kid as he left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).