YES! A team that goes up 21-0 in in the first quarter in football or leads 5-0 in the first inning in baseball is much more significant than a team getting a 10+ lead in basketball. In basketball teams go on scoring runs all the time and it only matters who is having the run at the end of the game. The other issue is that the few elite NBA have much less competition and only need to play hard for a few minutes each game. It's a highly flawed league and is not even close to MLB and the NFL and I'd argue the NHL is more enjoyable to watch and is a better league (and I'm not a huge hockey guy, although I've watched it more since moving to Michigan)
Does the score in the first quarter of a football game matter much? Or even the score in the bottom of the first inning in baseball?
The 12 Days of GoatsMas(or Cubsmas) Contest...starting Monday!
Oswego Chris - Today, 09:56 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Hot Stove! Now the Mariners and Robinson Cano Reportedly Have a Deal (10 Years, $240 Million)
Today, 10:06 AM
- New York Yankees Set to Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda – Any Masahiro Tanaka Implications?
Today, 09:56 AM
- How About a Chance to Win Some Money Playing Free Fantasy Football This Weekend?
Today, 09:45 AM
- Arodys Vizcaino is Hitting 98mph and Might Contribute in the Bullpen Next Season
Today, 09:16 AM
- Mariners Trying to Have Their Own Stupid Pujols Contract, but Talks with Robinson Cano Break Down (UPDATE)
Today, 08:27 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
THE NBA IS A JOKE...but here is how it could be made better
Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:09 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).