TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:45 AM

Strawberry kiwi flavor! It's deeee-lish! Why spend more than $2.29 on your booze when you don't need to?!

::vomit::

#2 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

Ha, when I was a kid Boone's and MD 20/20 were my drink of choice... I was going through the whole "its cool to be a poet and whino" thing and I remember being able to get it for $1.25 at the local grocery store who didn't card me (I had a full beard by my sophomore year) but five years latter I learned why they called cheap wine "rotgut" around the same time I started to discover the deliciousness of quality beer. I started drinking Guinness regularly (much easier on the gut) and started to enjoy Sierra Nevada's India Pale Ale and only touch wine when its decent or I'm at a fancy restaurant.

I'm always amazed about the difference in the "drunk" between beer and wine... and don't even get me started on Tequila. They have a tremendous difference in my personality and I prefer the beer MG.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#3 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

Living as we do where wine is cheap and plentiful, I probably drink wine 30-40% of the time in the evenings. While we do maintain a cellar of good wine, I'm not particularly picky, and an $8-$10 bottle of CA wine ($12-$15 elsewhere) is quite good enough for evening/dinner drinking. Often we just buy by the case, which is something I never tend to do with beer, oddly.

#4 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

Ah, Boone's Farm. That brings back memories. I cleaned up more Boone's Farm inspired puke messes than I care to remember. When your young, broke, and want to get the ladies as drunk as you are getting, Boone's Farm is your best friend. We also used to partake in the 4 dollar bottles of vodka and drink that nasty beer with the 6% alcohol content too. I'm glad I don't drink that kind of stuff anymore, I think that's the kind of alcohol they say is bad for your health.

Goat, I love the Guinness. My friend and I get a couple bottles of Guinness and a couple of bottles of Grolsch and hit the golf course every other weekend. I always come back drunk and with a score in the low 100's. It's the only game that I suck at and still like.

#5 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:10 AM

Goat, I love the Guinness. My friend and I get a couple bottles of Guinness and a couple of bottles of Grolsch and hit the golf course every other weekend. I always come back drunk and with a score in the low 100's. It's the only game that I suck at and still like.

Uh to Grolsch, I trust no beer that comes in green bottles. It always taste skunky to me regardless of what it is.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#6 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:22 AM

Ha, when I was a kid Boone's and MD 20/20 were my drink of choice...

Ahhh, MD 20/20. I can't tell you how many college football games I don't remember because of that foul elixer.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#7 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:41 AM

Ah, buy two bottles of cheap win, and I was good to go... the days...

#8 NL_Cubs

NL_Cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:NL_Cubs
  • LocationTransplanted Chicagoan Living in Virginia

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

Mad Dog 20/20, six packs of Stroh's and parties in who ever's car was the biggest and willing to drive off road. Ah, the memories of a miss-spent youth!

Boone's Farm made brief appearances but not a "regular".
"You gotta love baseball before you love the Cubs"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).