22 replies to this topic

#16 Crockett

Crockett

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

I would agree...5/8 would be amazing. People seem to be thinking it will be 8/8.

#17 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

I would agree...5/8 would be amazing. People seem to be thinking it will be 8/8.

Um, no.

If you read the first post, the challenge was to fill out a 2015 roster using only players in the system today. I don't think any of us (well, not all of us, anyway) are saying that the lineups we're filling out are full of Hall of Fame candidates and guaranteed to win 19 World Series... or even 19 games for that matter. But they meet the stated challenge of filling out a full lineup only with players currently in the farm system. Good, bad, and ugly.

So... let's see the rest of your lineup. Yes, you'll have to put some probable AAA and AAAA players in there to make it work. You may even have to add a AA player or so. That sort of goes without saying. Just thank your lucky stars we're not asked to fill out a pitching rotation and bullpen as well.

So, finish up! You've got a couple roster slots left to fill.

Edit: Though if you waited until after Tuesday, I wouldn't blame you. I did mine back in February, and there are a couple of changes I'd make just from what has happened in the system since then. I imagine after Tuesday (when the first 15 rounds are complete) I might have another change or two to contemplate.

#18 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

C-Clevenger/Castillo
1b-Rizzo
2b-Castro
SS-Baez
3b-Lake
Rf-Jackson
Cf-Pin-Chieh Chen
Lf-Vitters

It probably won't play out that way. I'd love to see Zeke DeVoss kill it and take the second base spot, but I wouldn't count on it. I like Chen's defense and plate discipline, but he's also got a lot of work to do.

#19 Crockett

Crockett

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

Um, no.

If you read the first post, the challenge was to fill out a 2015 roster using only players in the system today. I don't think any of us (well, not all of us, anyway) are saying that the lineups we're filling out are full of Hall of Fame candidates and guaranteed to win 19 World Series... or even 19 games for that matter. But they meet the stated challenge of filling out a full lineup only with players currently in the farm system. Good, bad, and ugly.

So... let's see the rest of your lineup. Yes, you'll have to put some probable AAA and AAAA players in there to make it work. You may even have to add a AA player or so. That sort of goes without saying. Just thank your lucky stars we're not asked to fill out a pitching rotation and bullpen as well.

So, finish up! You've got a couple roster slots left to fill.

Edit: Though if you waited until after Tuesday, I wouldn't blame you. I did mine back in February, and there are a couple of changes I'd make just from what has happened in the system since then. I imagine after Tuesday (when the first 15 rounds are complete) I might have another change or two to contemplate.

Fiinnneee. I misread it. My apologies.

#20 Segal27

Segal27

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Segal27
  • LocationBuffalo Grove

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

C- Clevenger
1B-Rizzo
2B- DeVoss
3B-Baez
LF- Szczur/Almora/
CF- Szczur/Almora
RF-Jackson
P: Wood,Maples,Garza,Samardzija, Mcnutt

bench
Vogelbach
Golden
Vitters
Watkins

#21 Hector Villanueva

Hector Villanueva

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

I'd like to state for the record I think there is 0 chance this lineup Or any other lineup posted here will actually come to fruition.

CF Jackson
RF Lake
LF Lahair (Gretzky pushing for playing time)
3B Vitters
SS Castro
2B Baez
1B Rizzo
C Clevenger

SP shark
SP Whiteneack
SP Wood
SP Kirk
SPFrancescon//Concepcion

#22 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

I realize these types of projections are inherently optimistic, but, its not really that impossible, right? I mean, look at the Red Sox, Rangers, Rays. They all are built from within, with some (really good) free agents peppered in there. That's the blueprint for success, and just cause it seems like it never works out for the Cubs is no reason to give up hope on a group of young guys that still have lots of potential.

#23 BFiddy

BFiddy

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:Bridger_Macau
  • Facebook:Bridger Fetters
  • LocationMacau

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

1. Almora CF
2. Jackson LF
3. Baez 3B
4. Rizzo 1B
5. Castro SS
6. Vitters 2B
7. Castillo C
8. Szczur RF
9. Pitching Spot SP
And that's a bad miss...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).