#1 Glenallens One Homer

Glenallens One Homer

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

I know there was some discussion like this in the Parks thread, but I thought it'd be cool to see what shows people 'round these parts used to love. I was always and still am a devout Arrested Development fan and still maintain that it's the best thing that's ever been on TV. I also just started watching Lost a couple weeks ago (almost done with the first season!) and am absolutely loving it, though my roommate keeps telling me that it gets so much better.

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

1. LOST
2. LOST
3. LOST
99. Everwood

#3 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:38 PM

1. Lost
2. The Wire
3. ALF

#4 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

The best shows I ever saw were Grateful Dead shows, and they've been 'off the air' for nearly two decades.

But if you're asking about TV, I'd give strong nods to The Wire, Arrested Development, and Battlestar Gallactica (the new one). Also great was Freaks & Geeks, which was practically my high school autobiography.

#5 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

The best shows I ever saw were Grateful Dead shows, and they've been 'off the air' for nearly two decades.

But if you're asking about TV, I'd give strong nods to The Wire, Arrested Development, and Battlestar Gallactica (the new one). Also great was Freaks & Geeks, which was practically my high school autobiography.

I forgot about Freaks & Geeks. That was a good show that didn't last very long. Wasn't it on Fox?

#6 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

I forgot about Freaks & Geeks. That was a good show that didn't last very long. Wasn't it on Fox?

I'm pretty sure it was NBC. They kept bouncing it around the schedule, never staying in one place for more than a couple weeks, went off and on the air a couple times. I think they made 18 episodes in total before it was off for good. But what a legacy, man. It's pretty much Judd Apatow's farm team.

#7 Dan0mite

Dan0mite

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:@stordl01
  • LocationFort Wayne, Indiana

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

Well L O S T has already been mentioned so I'll go with a few shows that never got their dues: Firefly and Terriers. b
Both of these shows only had one season but were amazing shows. Arrested Development was awesome as mentioned above. If you wanna go old school you can't forget Anamaniacs and Tiny Toons.

#8 dreese

dreese

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationDekalb/Arlington Heights

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

LOST! and SEINFELD!

#9 EQ76

EQ76

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:25 AM

I miss when SNL was actually funny..

#10 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

Flight of the Conchords, Tenacious D, and Mr. Show - The three best shows HBO ever televised.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#11 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

Flight of the Conchords, Tenacious D, and Mr. Show - The three best shows HBO ever televised.

Mr. Show was awesome.

But, 'Six Feet Under' would beg to differ about the best HBO show thing. 'True Blood' and 'The Sopranos,' also awesome.

#12 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

Mr. Show was awesome.

But, 'Six Feet Under' would beg to differ about the best HBO show thing. 'True Blood' and 'The Sopranos,' also awesome.

The Wire. The Wire. The Wire.

#13 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:47 PM

Mr. Show was awesome.

I almost appended my post with:

"...but I never could get into the Wire."

Season One was good, but I lost it about three episodes into Season Two. I'd heard that might happen and that I should stick with it. I probably will go back to it at some point.

#14 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

Mr. Show was awesome.

I almost appended my post with:

"...but I never could get into the Wire."

Season One was good, but I lost it about three episodes into Season Two. I'd heard that might happen and that I should stick with it. I probably will go back to it at some point.

Season Two drifts away from the main plot, so I can see how it would turn people off. You are doing yourself an injustice by not watching the rest of the series though. SEMI NOT REALLY SPOILER BUT JUST BE SAFE IN WHITE TEXT AHEAD The inevitable Stringer Bell climax is worth the wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).