Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:Bridger_Macau
  • Facebook:Bridger Fetters
  • LocationMacau

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

How do I link my message board identity with my comments on the main site?
And that's a bad miss...

#2 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

PayPal, baby! Drop me a PM and I'll let you know where to send the dough. Then, we'll talk.

#3 BFiddy

BFiddy

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

PayPal, baby! Drop me a PM and I'll let you know where to send the dough. Then, we'll talk.

I know it makes me sound paranoid...but I'm somewhat skeptical of this. :)
And that's a bad miss...

#4 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

The main board and the message board are seperate entities. Yoh essentially have two identities here at BN, your activity on the main board are seperate from here. Is that what you mean? Otherwise you'll have to pay TWC to get his super secret.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#5 BFiddy

BFiddy

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

The main board and the message board are seperate entities. Yoh essentially have two identities here at BN, your activity on the main board are seperate from here. Is that what you mean? Otherwise you'll have to pay TWC to get his super secret.

Thanks, this is what I was asking.

So, my question now becomes:

How did some of you guys get a picture attached to your comments on the articles on the main site? It seems like I can only post comments as a guest by inputting my name and e-mail with each post...
And that's a bad miss...

#6 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

How did some of you guys get a picture attached to your comments on the articles on the main site? It seems like I can only post comments as a guest by inputting my name and e-mail with each post...

You can get an avatar (picture) on the main site by using gravatar.com (basically, you add a picture there, and anywhere you comment on the web using that same email address will have your picture - that's what the BN main page uses). Separately, if you don't want to comment as a guest anymore on the main site, you can register for the blog in the lower right corner (as MG said, it's separate from the Message Board for unfortunate technical reasons).

#7 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

Don't send that asshole TWC any money. I did and all I got in return was a banana hammock and a Dick Tidrow baseball card.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#8 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

Don't send that asshole TWC any money. I did and all I got in return was a banana hammock* and a Dick Tidrow baseball card.

*used banana hammock.

And that Dick Tidrow card is fucking near mint. That's your kid's college educations right there, baby!

#9 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

Separately, if you don't want to comment as a guest anymore on the main site, you can register for the blog in the lower right corner (as MG said, it's separate from the Message Board for unfortunate technical reasons).

The technical reason being that it broke the internet for 24 miserable hours last summer.

#10 BFiddy

BFiddy

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

Thanks guys...
And that's a bad miss...

#11 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

Separately, if you don't want to comment as a guest anymore on the main site, you can register for the blog in the lower right corner (as MG said, it's separate from the Message Board for unfortunate technical reasons).

The technical reason being that it broke the internet for 24 miserable hours last summer.

My worst day as a whatever-it-is-that-I-am-now.

#12 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

My worst day as a whatever-it-is-that-I-am-now.

"Handsome devil"?

#13 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

Don't send that asshole TWC any money. I did and all I got in return was a banana hammock* and a Dick Tidrow baseball card.

*used banana hammock.

And that Dick Tidrow card is fucking near mint. That's your kid's college educations right there, baby!

Um, the baseball card appeared to be a bit "used" as well.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#14 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

I sent TWC money and I just got a picture of the Banana Hammock (while in-use) and the wearer holding the Dick (card).

#15 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

You can get an avatar (picture) on the main site by using gravatar.com (basically, you add a picture there, and anywhere you comment on the web using that same email address will have your picture - that's what the BN main page uses). Separately, if you don't want to comment as a guest anymore on the main site, you can register for the blog in the lower right corner (as MG said, it's separate from the Message Board for unfortunate technical reasons).

That must have been before my BN obsession. Was there ever a point where you thought that BN as it was would never be back?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).