King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Separately, if you don't want to comment as a guest anymore on the main site, you can register for the blog in the lower right corner (as MG said, it's separate from the Message Board for unfortunate technical reasons).

The technical reason being that it broke the internet for 24 miserable hours last summer.

Come on, that comment system would have been sweet, if it actually worked right.

#17 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

Separately, if you don't want to comment as a guest anymore on the main site, you can register for the blog in the lower right corner (as MG said, it's separate from the Message Board for unfortunate technical reasons).

The technical reason being that it broke the internet for 24 miserable hours last summer.

Come on, that comment system would have been sweet, if it actually worked right.

Oh, I agree with you completely. It's a damn shame that it didn't work out right.

#18 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

How do I link my message board identity with my comments on the main site?

The main board and the message board are seperate entities. Yoh essentially have two identities here at BN, your activity on the main board are seperate from here. Is that what you mean? Otherwise you'll have to pay TWC to get his super secret.

Thanks, this is what I was asking.

So, my question now becomes:

How did some of you guys get a picture attached to your comments on the articles on the main site? It seems like I can only post comments as a guest by inputting my name and e-mail with each post...

You can get an avatar (picture) on the main site by using gravatar.com (basically, you add a picture there, and anywhere you comment on the web using that same email address will have your picture - that's what the BN main page uses). Separately, if you don't want to comment as a guest anymore on the main site, you can register for the blog in the lower right corner (as MG said, it's separate from the Message Board for unfortunate technical reasons).

That must have been before my BN obsession. Was there ever a point where you thought that BN as it was would never be back?

Not quite, but it was ugly. I could have gone to backups if it had come to that (and simply would have lost a week's worth of posts and comments).

#19 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

Oh, I agree with you completely. It's a damn shame that it didn't work out right.

It would have been awesome.

Some day, that kind of integration is going to happen. It's just that now it probably will not be until the entire site is overhauled and remade. I wouldn't put the ETA on that until 2013 at the earliest.

#20 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

It would have been awesome.

Some day, that kind of integration is going to happen. It's just that now it probably will not be until the entire site is overhauled and remade. I wouldn't put the ETA on that until 2013 at the earliest.

Did you just say "wait til next year"?

#21 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

King Jeff just won the internets. Awesome.

#22 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

Shut it down. It's all downhill from here.

#23 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Ah the obsessive "Wait Until Next Year" watch is on... BRING IT!

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#24 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Ah the obsessive "Wait Until Next Year" watch is on... BRING IT!

I'm actually even looking forward to watching the team if they stink this year. It will be nice to see a team that doesn't waste the end of a lost season by trying to save their jobs. It's going to be great to see some of the young, unproven players get a shot. I'm also looking forward to watching a team that actually tries to manufacture runs. So, I'm not going to wait until next year until this year is over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).