Selling any non-Yankee and non-Cardinals game for Face Value
NorthSideIrish - Yesterday, 10:03 AM
Steamers likes Cubs pitching prospects better than hitters this year
udbrky - Mar 04 2014 12:06 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Spring Training Miscellany: Cubs 3, Angels 2; Indians 7, Cubs 2 – March 7, 2014
Yesterday, 05:17 PM
- SchadenfReds: Brandon Phillips Says Silly Things
Yesterday, 02:06 PM
- Pre-Gamin’: Cubs v. Angels, Indians v. Cubs (2:05 CT) – Lineups, Broadcast Info, etc.
Yesterday, 12:47 PM
- Were the Cubs Terrible at Defensive Shifts Last Year?
Yesterday, 11:28 AM
- Prospect Notes: Olt, Soler, Geiger, Rosters
Yesterday, 10:05 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
10 Cubs Related Predictions for 2012
Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:18 AM
2. Big Z will have a bounce back year - Ozzie gets him and he probably won't get suspended this year, better team around him. I have him down for 14 wins.
3. A-RAM will start declining - less pressure in Milwaukee and he'll still probably have a better statistical year than any Cub, but still.
4. My wife's "Cub's Crushes" will increase to 2 - Theo joins Darwin Barney as reasons my wife watches games..honestly it doesn't bother me because she won't gripe about how many games I watch. It also gives me free reign to show my affection for Kate Upton.
5. Our Farm System will jump into the top 10 - another draft will help, as will 1 full year for last year's draftees.
6. Matt Garza signs and extension - 50/50 chance of this happening.
7. Shawn Marshall's arm will fall off - he's thrown a ton of innings the past few years and he's now under the careful watch of Dusty.
8. BN will become so popular that Brett will get asked to sing the 7th Inning Stretch - however, better judgement will allude him as he asks Die Hard to join him.. DH will refer to "Wrigley Stadium" and start a riot, both at Wrigley and on the BN message board.
9. D-Lee will retire - this will start his coaching career.. He'll be the Cubs hitting coach by 2013.
10. Cubs player wins 2012 ROY award!!! - LaHair, Rizzo, B Jackson.. nope.. none of the above, instead it will go to Chris Carpenter. Marmol will blow his rotator cuff by June.. Carpenter ends up as the new closer.. he saves 29 games with an ERA just shy of 2.00.
sometime in late September, Emperor Selig finally decides on the compensation to Boston for Epstein. that person is Carpenter. He then gets special permission to join the BoSox before the playoffs and becomes a WS hero for his elite 7th inning domination.
Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:02 AM
12. My wife will communicate with me via sticky notes slapped on my forehead.
Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:37 PM
What are we going to do when they move to the AL in 2013? Keeps us out of the cellar. I don't really see the organization being ready to compete for a few years. However, since the division is weak, maybe we have a chance sooner than I'm thinking.
Al: With every bullet, so far.
Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:59 PM
Biz Z has a big year in that he literally kills a man during a 5 game skid in May
Also, Adriana Lima >>>>> (to the infinity power) Kate Upton.
Edited by MichiganGoat, 20 February 2012 - 08:45 AM.
All the >>> were not displaying properly on iDevices
Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:16 AM
I'm new to this site and am "catching up" by reading through some of the posts. I don't know how the timing of it was compared to the actual news release, but how ironic is EQ76's prediction #10, if that prediction was made before the announcement ...Chris Carpenter to be named Rookie of the Year, and to follow that statement up with Carpenter being named as the compensation for Theo! (nice job EQ!)
Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:36 PM
I've wondered how long that might take, I glad to see new blood enjoying the past comments...I'm sure we look like a crazy yet witty group of passionate fools. Hope your enjoy please let us know which threads have been the most enjoyable.
I'm new to this site and am "catching up" by reading through some of the posts.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).