sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

He's the Cubs version of Brandon Inge

Except that Barney plays pretty good defense, and he hits about 40 or so points higher than Inge. As a matter of fact, Inge is a complete suck hole of a player, Barney has some value to the team, just not as much as some fans think.

I could be misremembering, but I thought Inge was an all-universe defender.

I could also be misremembering. I just thought I remember hearing about how poor he was playing at third this year when the Tigers were rumored to be talking about trading for Aramis Ramirez.

Yeah, batting .188 will do that for you. They wound up trading for Wilson Betemit but Inge was so superior defensively he wound up being the starter in the playoffs despite hitting 100 or so points lower. He's been a good fielder (better than Barney will ever be) and has a really good arm. He came up as a catcher got moved into a utility role and then settled in at 3rd when Cabrera was too fat and drunk to play 3rd.

#32 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

He's the Cubs version of Brandon Inge

Except that Barney plays pretty good defense, and he hits about 40 or so points higher than Inge. As a matter of fact, Inge is a complete suck hole of a player, Barney has some value to the team, just not as much as some fans think.

I could be misremembering, but I thought Inge was an all-universe defender.

I could also be misremembering. I just thought I remember hearing about how poor he was playing at third this year when the Tigers were rumored to be talking about trading for Aramis Ramirez.

Yeah, batting .188 will do that for you. They wound up trading for Wilson Betemit but Inge was so superior defensively he wound up being the starter in the playoffs despite hitting 100 or so points lower. He's been a good fielder (better than Barney will ever be) and has a really good arm. He came up as a catcher got moved into a utility role and then settled in at 3rd when Cabrera was too fat and drunk to play 3rd.

Hopefully he's sobered up and lost a few pounds, cause he's headed back over there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).