5 replies to this topic

#1 EQ76

EQ76

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:21 AM

Last night LaHair got his 2nd & 3rd RBI in just a few games... that got me to thinking.. who's gonna finish with more RBI this year? LaHair or Byrd?

#2 hardtop

hardtop

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationThe Queen City of the Plains

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:37 AM

thats funny, and sadly a real consideration. more importantly, pena, whom i like, went o for 5 with 3 strikeouts. lahair 1 for 1 with a homer and the cubs only 2 runs. we know what carlos can do. Bryan for 1b for rest of the season... get it done!

#3 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,637 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:54 AM

Haha. I love this thread.

#4 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

If anyone but Quade was managing, I think LaHair would pass him. i don't see him getting enough at bats to finish the year. Quade's managing for his job again, so I expect a heavy dose of vets, excuses, and another blame it on Starlin Castro episode.

#5 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Twitter:@deadboltwillie
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

If anyone but Quade was managing, I think LaHair would pass him. i don't see him getting enough at bats to finish the year. Quade's managing for his job again, so I expect a heavy dose of vets, excuses, and another blame it on Starlin Castro episode.

What's ironic is playing the veterans has gotten him...a terrible record and 5th place. But you're right, that's exactly what he'll do. Just another example of how stubborn he is.

#6 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:27 AM

What's ironic is playing the veterans has gotten him...a terrible record and 5th place. But you're right, that's exactly what he'll do. Just another example of how stubborn he is.

You misspelled "ignorant". HTH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).