#1 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

I feel like this can't possibly be an actual Fox Sports production, despite the broadcaster's words and the mic. It just can't be.

And away with the racism...

#2 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

I, for one, am shocked, shocked that something on Fox would be considered racist.

But indeed the video is actually a Fox Sports production, and they're deservedly feeling the heat for airing it: http://www.dailycame...rts/ci_18839700

#3 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

This has got to be a joke... But this has to be a BN record for longest topic title.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#4 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

I, for one, am shocked, shocked that something on Fox would be considered racist.

But indeed the video is actually a Fox Sports production, and they're deservedly feeling the heat for airing it: http://www.dailycame...rts/ci_18839700

Okay so after reading the link TWC posted, it is even worse than being a faux-news joke of fox sports... It's actually Fox Sports trying to be funny by being overtly racist... only fox could green light such a bad idea. Even the comedian acting as a newsman seems uncomfortable.

This is what hapens when one attempts to be satirical without pushing the joke/pun to the absurd, AND not realizing that being the news organization attempting to be satirical has already been criticized as actually being racist.

Well done fox, I hope the Daily Show or Onion picks this up and shows Fox the meaning of satire.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#5 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

Okay so after reading the link TWC posted, it is even worse than being a faux-news joke of fox sports... It's actually Fox Sports trying to be funny by being overtly racist... only fox could green light such a bad idea. Even the comedian acting as a newsman seems uncomfortable.

This is what hapens when one attempts to be satirical without pushing the joke/pun to the absurd, AND not realizing that being the news organization attempting to be satirical has already been criticized as actually being racist.

Well done fox, I hope the Daily Show or Onion picks this up and shows Fox the meaning of satire.

Yup. If you're going to try and do the overt, absurd type humor, you have to rearry, rearry obvious about it.

#6 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

Yup. If you're going to try and do the overt, absurd type humor, you have to rearry, rearry obvious about it.

That newscast really needs to be trambled by Godzilla...GODZILLLLLLLLA

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#7 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:03 PM

That newscast really needs to be trambled by Godzilla...GODZILLLLLLLLA

Hideki Matsui?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).