#16 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

I'm not being intentionally secretive. Post is written and scheduled to publish later this afternoon. Don't want it to be during the game.

#17 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

I'm not being intentionally secretive. Post is written and scheduled to publish later this afternoon. Don't want it to be during the game.

I hope it's Chemistry Cat!

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#18 BFiddy

BFiddy

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:Bridger_Macau
  • Facebook:Bridger Fetters
  • LocationMacau

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

I hope, in a shocking twist, banning Betternews was just a publicity stunt to make it more interesting when he is named the Minor League correspondent.
And that's a bad miss...

#19 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

I hope, in a shocking twist, banning Betternews was just a publicity stunt to make it more interesting when he is named the Minor League correspondent.

This.

#20 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

This.

Spoiler alert!

#21 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

There you go. It's our man, Luke.

#22 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

Is there like a chat feature that could be used during games? The message board is good, but an instant chat thing would be better, I think.

#23 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Is there like a chat feature that could be used during games? The message board is good, but an instant chat thing would be better, I think.

The problem with chats (non-third-party ones, that is) is that they are crazy server intensive, and can crush the rest of the site.

And the problem with setting up a third-party chat for each game is that it's a pain in the ass. Nevertheless, maybe I can look into it for the regular season. No promises.

#24 packman711

packman711

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

The problem with chats (non-third-party ones, that is) is that they are crazy server intensive, and can crush the rest of the site.

And the problem with setting up a third-party chat for each game is that it's a pain in the ass. Nevertheless, maybe I can look into it for the regular season. No promises.

Maybe just for special occasions or something. Or we can all just use #BleacherNation... (you're welcome for the shameless Twitter plug)

#25 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

I think we need some regular post about Sabermetrics, a easy to understand about some of the more popular stats would be helpful to everyone, a discussion on merits and flaws would be very insightful. We seem to have some well read stat hounds on here maybe few guest post.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#26 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

I think we need some regular post about Sabermetrics, a easy to understand about some of the more popular stats would be helpful to everyone, a discussion on merits and flaws would be very insightful. We seem to have some well read stat hounds on here maybe few guest post.

Absolutely. Very good thought. I'd hoped to do a "introduction to FIP" type series for a lot of the advanced stats. I still mean to. And, yeah, if some of the BN'ers who are experts in that area want to do a guest post, I'm all for it.

#27 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Absolutely. Very good thought. I'd hoped to do a "introduction to FIP" type series for a lot of the advanced stats. I still mean to. And, yeah, if some of the BN'ers who are experts in that area want to do a guest post, I'm all for it.

Perfect we can link that article to the message board and have a deep conversation on here.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#28 HoustonTransplant

HoustonTransplant

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Yeah, I'd like to know more about that, as I am very uneducated when it comes to advanced stats. I wanna discuss stuff like that with you big boys and "experts." I'd appreciate it very much.
making music and more since 1985

#29 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

Have you thought about requiring an account in order to comment on the main board, not just on the message board? I understand there is probably a concern about that chilling traffic and discussions, but morons suck.

#30 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

Have you thought about requiring an account in order to comment on the main board, not just on the message board? I understand there is probably a concern about that chilling traffic and discussions, but morons suck.

Yup, I've considered it (and dismissed it, for now). Everyone kind of freaks out when we have these rashes of dunces, but this is the first time we've had it in over two months - and it's been a day and a half. (Not saying you're freaking out, obviously.)

I really, really am resistant to requiring registration for comments - most sites require it, and, frankly, I don't think it cuts down on the crap. I think it just cuts down on *everything,* good and bad. To me, that's just bad, and since the system (in my estimation) isn't yet broken, I'm not itching for fixes.

Though, if it ever gets really bad, I have some ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).