Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Have you thought about requiring an account in order to comment on the main board, not just on the message board? I understand there is probably a concern about that chilling traffic and discussions, but morons suck.

Yup, I've considered it (and dismissed it, for now). Everyone kind of freaks out when we have these rashes of dunces, but this is the first time we've had it in over two months - and it's been a day and a half. (Not saying you're freaking out, obviously.)

I really, really am resistant to requiring registration for comments - most sites require it, and, frankly, I don't think it cuts down on the crap. I think it just cuts down on *everything,* good and bad. To me, that's just bad, and since the system (in my estimation) isn't yet broken, I'm not itching for fixes.

Though, if it ever gets really bad, I have some ideas.

Public flogging?

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#32 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

Well even with a Win people still bitching about trades from the past.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#33 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

Have you thought about requiring an account in order to comment on the main board, not just on the message board? I understand there is probably a concern about that chilling traffic and discussions, but morons suck.

Yup, I've considered it (and dismissed it, for now). Everyone kind of freaks out when we have these rashes of dunces, but this is the first time we've had it in over two months - and it's been a day and a half. (Not saying you're freaking out, obviously.)

I really, really am resistant to requiring registration for comments - most sites require it, and, frankly, I don't think it cuts down on the crap. I think it just cuts down on *everything,* good and bad. To me, that's just bad, and since the system (in my estimation) isn't yet broken, I'm not itching for fixes.

Though, if it ever gets really bad, I have some ideas.

Public flogging?

In a manner of speaking.

#34 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

Any plans to do a full draft recap like last year? I'm sure the moved up signing date made it harder because of all the trade deadline stuff going on at the same time.

Also, this is kind of a massive undertaking but it could be fun and informative. It would be neat to see like a Theo/Jed Year in Review piece talking about each of their acquisitions and transactions they made. Not like sending playing to the DL and stuff like that, but signing guys and trades and all that. Would just be interesting to see and refresh everyone's memory about what has been going down.

#35 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

You are correct that the draft recap was swallowed by the trade deadline monster. I've toyed with the idea of doing it at the end of the minor league seasons (that way, there are a full set of stats for each). Won't promise it, but it's on the table.

Like the second idea, a lot. Very intensive, though. I'll keep it in mind.

#36 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

I'm tentatively planning to do a series of draft recaps going back a few years over the winter. That's not locked in stone yet, but once my daily writing obligations expire with the end of the minor league season I'll be looking to sink my teeth into some more analytical pieces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).