Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Wednesday Evening Winter Meetings Update: Samardzija, Choo, Boggs, Tanaka, Kemp, Nationals, Axford
Yesterday, 07:14 PM
- Theo Epstein Speaks: Samardzija, Tanaka, Spending, Syncing, Prospects, More
Yesterday, 06:02 PM
- Rumor: Cubs “Showing Interest” in Righty Starter Roberto Hernandez
Yesterday, 04:42 PM
- Scott Boras and Jed Hoyer Cast Doubt on Big Splashes, Rile Some of You Up (Probably)
Yesterday, 03:43 PM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: City Council Approves the Revised Plan
Yesterday, 02:41 PM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 3/6/12 - Triple Play
Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:20 AM
On May 30, 1927, Cubs shortstop Jimmy Cooney turned an unassisted triple play against Pittsburgh in the fourth inning. He caught Paul Waner's line drive, stepped on second base to retire Lloyd Waner, and tagged Clyde Barnhart off first.
Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:09 AM
I don't think I have ever seen a triple play live....
Of course I have never seen many things by primarily restricting my baseball viewing to the Cubs
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).