Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Reportedly Sign Pitcher Tsuyoshi Wada to a Minor League Deal
Today, 07:16 PM
- Winter Meetings Denouement: What Did or Didn’t Happen with Jeff Samardzija, and What Comes Next?
Today, 01:01 PM
- Another Meh Option Off the Board: Joba Chamberlain Reportedly to Sign With Tigers
Today, 12:42 PM
- Minor Acquisitions: Tommy Hottovy, Charles Cutler
Today, 10:58 AM
- Chicago Cubs Trade Brian Bogusevic to the Miami Marlins for Justin Ruggiano
Today, 08:40 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 3/6/12 - Triple Play
Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:20 AM
On May 30, 1927, Cubs shortstop Jimmy Cooney turned an unassisted triple play against Pittsburgh in the fourth inning. He caught Paul Waner's line drive, stepped on second base to retire Lloyd Waner, and tagged Clyde Barnhart off first.
Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:09 AM
I don't think I have ever seen a triple play live....
Of course I have never seen many things by primarily restricting my baseball viewing to the Cubs
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).