Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Would you be Ok with the Cubs Rebuilding?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 Fearbobafett

Fearbobafett

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

i would love to get darvish (he should be posted - i have been following closely as he has been on my fantasy rookie team for a couple of years and am finally excited that he could be paying dividends).

I am just not sure that Rickett's is going to be willing to post up what it is going to take to not only get him but then follow up with a big contract. I think he is going to command more than Dice K did.

#17 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

I'm all for a total youth movement. How bout LeMahieu at ss and Castro at 3b. Then my buddy can stay at 2B

If you want to keep your "buddy" in the lineup, it would make sense to move him to shortstop where his bat is more in line with a normal shortstop. LeMahieu could stick to second and Castro to third, but I think that there wouldn't be enough production out of that infield. It's almost like shuffling the same three guys around to different positions.

#18 dreese

dreese

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationDekalb/Arlington Heights

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

I'm all for a total youth movement. How bout LeMahieu at ss and Castro at 3b. Then my buddy can stay at 2B

If you referring to Barney, we might be worse at 2B than this year, pitching seems to have figured him out. Keep Castro at SS and see how he improves defensively next year. LeMahieu will be considered for 2B or 3B, but I doubt he'll be looked at SS.

I dont understand DJ at 3B, is that just talking about defense? Because 1B and 3B are usually power hitters and I think DJ would need a long spring at camp Colvin

#19 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:03 PM

If you referring to Barney, we might be worse at 2B than this year, pitching seems to have figured him out. Keep Castro at SS and see how he improves defensively next year. LeMahieu will be considered for 2B or 3B, but I doubt he'll be looked at SS.

I dont understand DJ at 3B, is that just talking about defense? Because 1B and 3B are usually power hitters and I think DJ would need a long spring at camp Colvin

It seems like 3B being a big-time power spot is fading - just look around baseball this year.

#20 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

It seems like 3B being a big-time power spot is fading - just look around baseball this year.

Agreed, there appears to be two reasons for this shift 1) the roid rage is over their are less players able to be built for power and agile enough to cover the hot corner, a future stud 3B will look like .300BA, 20HR. 2) teams are more focused on defense and hence a slugging 3B player will become a 1B or corner outfielder, good 3B will look like god 2B moving forward.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#21 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:31 AM

Agreed, there appears to be two reasons for this shift 1) the roid rage is over their are less players able to be built for power and agile enough to cover the hot corner, a future stud 3B will look like .300BA, 20HR. 2) teams are more focused on defense and hence a slugging 3B player will become a 1B or corner outfielder, good 3B will look like god 2B moving forward.

As a huge Brooks Robinson fan, I'm OK with that.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#22 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:38 AM

Over-rated, clap clap clap-clap-clap.

#23 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:14 AM

Phil, I think you misspelled "Kieschnick".

#24 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

Phil, I think you misspelled "Kieschnick".

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#25 Macho Man

Macho Man

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:45 AM

No! The Pirates rebuild. The Mariners rebuild. They rebuild because "We're rebuilding" is an excuse for losing. "It's ok! Losing is to be expected when you're rebuilding!" I don't want to go to Wrigley Field to watch the Iowa Cubs. I don't want be at Wrigley Field down 9-2 to the Cardinals sipping a microbrew that tastes like bark and eating sushi while some guy with a laptop sitting next to me tells me that everything is ok because if I just took the time to calculate total bases plus ground ball outs divided by errors adjusted for home ball park for the two teams I would see that the Cubs are actually ahead of the Cardinals in all the areas that matter. I want to drink American beer and eat fatty pork as a mountain of a man in a Cubs uniform hits towering home runs.

#26 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

OHHHH YEAHHHHH, The Macho Man is here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK7J0jYKpiY

But shouldn't your avatar be:
Posted Image

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#27 EQ76

EQ76

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:56 PM

where's miss elizabeth?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).