Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Wednesday Evening Winter Meetings Update: Samardzija, Choo, Boggs, Tanaka, Kemp, Nationals, Axford
Today, 07:14 PM
- Theo Epstein Speaks: Samardzija, Tanaka, Spending, Syncing, Prospects, More
Today, 06:02 PM
- Rumor: Cubs “Showing Interest” in Righty Starter Roberto Hernandez
Today, 04:42 PM
- Scott Boras and Jed Hoyer Cast Doubt on Big Splashes, Rile Some of You Up (Probably)
Today, 03:43 PM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: City Council Approves the Revised Plan
Today, 02:41 PM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Mets 9/11 hats decision.
Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:43 AM
I suspect there were contracts at issue (e.g., between MLB and New Era, and if MLB had allowed the Mets not to wear the specifically-licensed commemorative caps, MLB would have breached their contract), and MLB decided not to risk a financial hit.
Sounds shameful to me.
Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:33 AM
And what I really love is that the NFL who always denies the stuff let it happen this year. But my main issue with this is that a player on the Mets tweeted that they were still going to wear the hats and pay the fines or whatever happened, but THEY WERE PHYSICALLY REMOVED FROM THEM!!! Now that is stepping WAY over the line.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).