hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

So what are the plans of every one here in Des Moines? I took the 5th and 6th off work so I need to boooooooooogey!

Oh, and if anyone is interested in what I do for fun (especially since I gave up blogging about the Cubs (damn Brett, you make it look easy)) go here: http://goo.gl/r0Ge8

(warning, that video was shot on an IPhone and is sideways)

#2 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

Jo-Jo! Crazy shit, baby. Funny stuff.

Honestly, I don't know how you do that without defecating yourself. It takes balls to stand up there like that. As an aside, there's been an interesting series on the NY Times recently about comics and how jokes are developed and honed over and over and over and over again until its just exactly perfect. It may be old hat to you, but I think it's been a neat read. Check it out if you get a chance.

Oh, and let me know when your comedy tour takes you out to the West Coast. I'll let you buy me a beer.

#3 gratefulled

gratefulled

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationHome of the I-Cubs

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

I plan on watching the big Cubbies at GT's annual opening day party, and then will be heading to Sec Taylor after that. I just ordered a red Bleacher Nation shirt and should be easy to spot.

So Hans, you are from Des Moines and do comedy, do you know Billy Blank?

#4 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

Ya, and it is amazing where ideas for bits can come from, this bit started in a thread here on the message boards. I haven't been doing it terribly long so everything is still very much a work in progress.

I haven't met him yet as I really only go out to one place (The House of Bricks) the 1st, 3rd and 5th Tuesday of the month.

#5 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Ya, and it is amazing where ideas for bits can come from, this bit started in a thread here on the message boards.

I thought so. At first I was like, yea it's kind of like that "Stuff you hate" thread, but I knew it once you said, "Negative people."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).