As the Cubs got worse and worse, and teams in the Central got better and better (the Cardinals and Brewers, sigh, were pretty damn good last year), it became harder and harder to do the job. And, to be quite candid, you start kind of running through the same jokes again and again.
This year, in the interest of (a.) not abandoning the feature, and (b.) having some fun, I thought that we could all do it together.
So, let's pile on the suck here, which I can turn into a post (or posts) on the front page. We should all have a say in why the other teams in the NL Central suck.
We've already roasted Dusty Baker and the Cincinnati Reds, as well as the sad Houston Astros.
Up now are the Milwaukee Brewers, which will almost certainly not include any discussions of steroids .... Worthwhile points of suckitude to discuss include:
- The Baseline for Suckitude (how they were last year)
- Sucky Offseason Moves (who they gained and who they lost)
- Everyone Else Thinks They Suck (articles/conversations out there about how they'll suck)
- The Suckiest Part of Their Suck (the worst part of the team)
- And in the End (overall, why they suck)