Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

I used to like the Red Sox. They were one of my AL teams(along with the A's...they were actually cool when I was little). Forget it now, they are one notch above the White Sox...

enough is enough...if Chris Carpenter is hurt, too f#$king bad! it never ends...you watch,this year

-they will hammer Theo if Crawford still sucks
-if the Red Sox do well, it will be because no more chicken and beer in the clubhouse, which I believe is now part of the "Cub's Way"
-Bobby Valentine will make Francona look like Whitey Herzog....shouldn't the Red Sox owe compensation to ESPN or the Chiotte Dragons or whoever he was managing?

I used to feel sorry for them with their Curse of the Bambino...now I just think they are a bunch of whine-neers...

#2 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:50 AM

And the congregation says AMEN!
Please don't feed the psychos.

#3 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

Same thing here. Long suffering "curse" ridden sister franchise was my favorite AL team too. I wept for them in '86 and still bristle at people who curse Buckner (Billy was one of my first favorite Cubs.) They moved into more of a neutral status after winning in '04. Henry's "Evil Empire" comments pushed them every so slightly towards the "dark side". But this winter has been so over the top. I am so ready for them to lose and lose a lot. I would put them directly on par with the Yankees now. Dream scenario is Tampa wins division Toronto and (2nd in AL West) win wild card. I know it won't happen but the more those two are out of the playoffs, the better.

#4 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:54 AM

Either it's Lucchino and Henry running wild, or it's a cultural thing ... of which Theo would be a part. I guess we'll have to see if the "Cubs" become whiny, greedy, obnoxious dongers.

#5 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

Either it's Lucchino and Henry running wild, or it's a cultural thing ... of which Theo would be a part. I guess we'll have to see if the "Cubs" become whiny, greedy, obnoxious dongers.

My money is on Lucchino and Henry. Old proverb: If it walks like an obnoxious donger, talks like an obnoxious donger, it may in fact be an obnoxious donger.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#6 Ben in Nebraska

Ben in Nebraska

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Twitter:@TheRealBenBrush
  • LocationOutside Omaha, NE

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

The whole reason I used to like the Red Sox was more to do with the fact that I hated the Yankees and they were (back when Tampa still stunk) the only real threat to derail the New Yorkers.
Now, between ESPN beating everyone over the head with the "fact" that the only rivalry in baseball that matters is the Yankees/Red Sox and the fact that the Sox have morphed into the Yankees little brother really makes me hate them.
The Yankees are the original evil empire. Now, Boston seems like they're just trying to keep up with the Jonses and it's just annoying. Their fan base has gotten whiney. The notion that the Cubs owed them something truly significant for giving a promotion to their suddenly chastised GM is laughable.
Glad to know that I'm not the only one!!

#7 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

Well from what I've been able to see is their fan base has always been whiney. We just hear it more because ESPN shoves it down the nation's throat and the internet.

Having said that I would go back to Fenway in a heartbeat if given the opportunity again.

#8 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

I'm becoming quite a Rays fan...

#9 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

For what it is worth, I sent out a tweet yestday morning as an April Fools joke that said that Theo was going back to the Red Sox to settle the compensation issue. Peter Gammons retweeted it. I am sure he was going CRAZY, if it indeed is the correct Peter Gammons.

#10 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

For what it is worth, I sent out a tweet yestday morning as an April Fools joke that said that Theo was going back to the Red Sox to settle the compensation issue. Peter Gammons retweeted it. I am sure he was going CRAZY, if it indeed is the correct Peter Gammons.

You got to repost that exchange

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).