Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Spring Game 31: Dodgers v. Cubs (Free Audio on Cubs.com)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

It's a preview of Opening Day, with the Opening Day starter and a possible look at the Opening Day lineup, according to Dale Sveum.

#2 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

Here is to hoping that Barney's bat earns him that 2 hole slot. If he can get that OBP up I will be happy seeing him there, if not he needs to be moved down.

#3 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Booya Soto caught someone stealing.

#4 MaxM1908

MaxM1908

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Twitter:legalcubbieblue

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'm no expert at judging a player's fielding abilities, but hasn't Castro seemed to be playing better at short this Spring than he was last season?

#5 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

I'd agree. He is looking to be getting the fundementals down a bit more and in the few televised games it looks like he has been squareing his shoulders to the throw more. Could be helping him commit less errors and look more natural.

#6 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

Lol Gameday says Angle got aboard with a bunt to barney at 2b. That is one strong bunt if it made it to 2nd base.

#7 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Speaking of fielding, Barney with an (apparently) nice diving stop. His glove can make him a solid overall 2B in my book.

#8 MaxM1908

MaxM1908

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

So, here's a question: If I were to win tonight's Mega Millions, do you think the Ricketts family would allow me to buy a $100,000,000 share of the Cubs as a silent partner? In addition to it being an incredible dream come true, I actually think it would be a good investment given the team's future potential with media contracts, World Series potential in the years to come and increased popularity, and increased value after the Dodgers sale. What do you think?

#9 MaxM1908

MaxM1908

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

Speaking of fielding, Barney with an (apparently) nice diving stop. His glove can make him a solid overall 2B in my book.

It sounds like he also had a nice grab to end the inning.

#10 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

So, here's a question: If I were to win tonight's Mega Millions, do you think the Ricketts family would allow me to buy a $100,000,000 share of the Cubs as a silent partner? In addition to it being an incredible dream come true, I actually think it would be a good investment given the team's future potential with media contracts, World Series potential in the years to come and increased popularity, and increased value after the Dodgers sale. What do you think?

I bet they'd let you buy a $100,000,000 share ... if it was at a $3 billion valuation of the Cubs (i.e., your $100,000,000 buys you about 3% of the team). :)

#11 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

I agree Brett. Not every player needs to rake the ball all the time. Having a servicable dependable guy who has a good glove helps the team too. As per winning the loto, I think there would be far too little hookers and blow in the world to spend all my money so investing in the cubs would be fun, though you'd probably just be laughed at by your lawyer.

#12 MaxM1908

MaxM1908

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

I bet they'd let you buy a $100,000,000 share ... if it was at a $3 billion valuation of the Cubs (i.e., your $100,000,000 buys you about 3% of the team). :)

Nah, present market valuation is still, at most, around 1.2 billion. The Dodgers aren't really worth more than 1.4 billion. The sale was ridiculously high, and many are calling it downright foolish. That leads me to believe they're going to have trouble obtaining financing along the way, which it turn makes me think all the Magic Johnson boasting of how much money they'll spend is pure B.S.

#13 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Did Mick just say "worm burner"?

#14 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

Nah, present market valuation is still, at most, around 1.2 billion. The Dodgers aren't really worth more than 1.4 billion. The sale was ridiculously high, and many are calling it downright foolish. That leads me to believe they're going to have trouble obtaining financing along the way, which it turn makes me think all the Magic Johnson boasting of how much money they'll spend is pure B.S.

So the first thought in my head was an insistently awful joke about how the AIDS must have gone to his brain when he agreed to the sale but that would be bad and as such I will not make that sort of joke. Just figured I'd let everyone know I was restraining.

#15 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

BOOOM Stewart. Sounded and looked on gameday like a long one. Anyone get a feet measurement?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).