MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

So I'm expecting my second child in early September and as excited as I am about becoming a father again there are consequences to preparing for a child

The immediate consequences is the cash needed to bring a new kid to the farm and the cuts that have to be made:

1-Beer, I love great craft beer but it's expensive to fully enjoy and so the decision becomes: drink cheap beer or less beer. I choose less beer. I'd rather enjoy one great beer than drink watered down domestic crap. So I won't be enjoying as much new beer or drinking as often as I once did. BUT I will still be enjoying beer.

2-Cub games, I was hoping to attended a handful of games this year but I having a feeling unless I find a hidden pocket of cash I might not enjoy any games this year since a day trip to Wrigley can be rather expensive (add that to the beer issue)

3-time spent on the interweb, as I spend more time doing the odd jobs of education (specifically tutoring) I have less time to be on here, twitter, and other places. I will be around but at a lesser capacity.

So I'm pleased about my becoming a father again, actually downright giddy, and wanted to share it with my BN family. Being a father is my proudest accomplishment and the above sacrifices are easy to make for a child.

But if you want to donate free beer and Cub trips I'd never say no :)

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#2 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Congratulations! Fatherhood is one of the biggest blessings anyone can have. Good luck and get your sleep now because you won't be getting it when the baby comes.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#3 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Congratulations! Fatherhood is one of the biggest blessings anyone can have. Good luck and get your sleep now because you won't be getting it when the baby comes.

Ah it's my second so I'm prepared for all that

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#4 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

A big, huge congrats, MG.

#5 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Congrats Daaaaad!
Please don't feed the psychos.

#6 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Wow! That is great news. Congratulations!! I wish I had money, tickets and beer to donate.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#7 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

Awesomeness.

If you still want to catch some games but not spend Wrigley sized dollars, start hitting up the minor league teams. The tickets are cheaper, the seats are better, the food is cheaper (and I'd imagine the beer is as well), the lines are shorter, it's easier to get autographs from the players, the promotions are wackier, and you'll get to see some great baseball. It's kind of a win-win-win-win-win-win-win.

#8 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Congrats MG!!

#9 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Awesomeness.

If you still want to catch some games but not spend Wrigley sized dollars, start hitting up the minor league teams. The tickets are cheaper, the seats are better, the food is cheaper (and I'd imagine the beer is as well), the lines are shorter, it's easier to get autographs from the players, the promotions are wackier, and you'll get to see some great baseball. It's kind of a win-win-win-win-win-win-win.

Oh I am the West Michigan Whitecaps (A ball Tiger affiliates) are 15 minutes from me and the Peoria Cheifs come and play here. I get to about 10-20 games there a year ($5 dollar tix, Thursday $2 drafts and sometimes they have founders for $4)

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#10 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

MG, I didn't know if you aware of this for your new baby. I got it and it is pretty cool to have. I also took a picture of the marquee and made it my wallpaper for mya work computer. http://chicago.cubs....n_club_form.jsp
Sorry for not linking it it doesn't look like I can hyperlink on my iPad here.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#11 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

MG, I didn't know if you aware of this for your new baby. I got it and it is pretty cool to have. I also took a picture of the marquee and made it my wallpaper for mya work computer. http://chicago.cubs....n_club_form.jsp
Sorry for not linking it it doesn't look like I can hyperlink on my iPad here. ������

Oh this will be done

And thanks for aal support everyone

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#12 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

Congrats! There is nothing like it that is for sure. Billy or Nannie?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).