563 replies to this topic

#16 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

I have precious few vacation days, but one is being used today. I have burgers ready to grill, I have relatively cheap beer and a 52 inch tv just waiting for baseball.

You are a great American.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#17 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,637 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

I'm in heaven: today is the first Opening Day where, not only do I not have to skip work to watch the Cubs ("blue flu"), IT IS my job to watch the Cubs. Boing.

#18 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

I'm in heaven: today is the first Opening Day where, not only do I not have to skip work to watch the Cubs ("blue flu"), IT IS my job to watch the Cubs. Boing.

Here's hoping you get to run the white W flag up that pole.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#19 Ben in Nebraska

Ben in Nebraska

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Twitter:@TheRealBenBrush
  • LocationOutside Omaha, NE

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

Ah, let the irrational hoping begin! I watched Major League over the weekend (annual Opening Day tradition) just to get ready. Here's to hoping we won't need to copy and paste the f-bomb thread too often today!

#20 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

4 hours until anything Cubs-related comes on. Think I'll pass the time by trolling a co-worker. I'm going to text her and tell her I need to see her in my office, and see how much time passes before I get a text saying something to the effect of 'Fuck You'.

#21 Ben in Nebraska

Ben in Nebraska

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Twitter:@TheRealBenBrush
  • LocationOutside Omaha, NE

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

Thanks for the idea Dave. Granted, I'm actually at work, but I'll have somthing to keep me busy when I am traveling out of town for work next week.

#22 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

4 hours until anything Cubs-related comes on. Think I'll pass the time by trolling a co-worker. I'm going to text her and tell her I need to see her in my office, and see how much time passes before I get a text saying something to the effect of 'Fuck You'.

I'm really dumb, because that took me a while to get. And then I did. And then I smiled.

#23 Twinkletoez

Twinkletoez

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTinley Park

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

Is there any way to get the game online or via iphone, if you are in the chicago area or are they all blacked out??

#24 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

Is there any way to get the game online or via iphone, if you are in the chicago area or are they all blacked out??

My understanding is it's blacked out (unless your cable/satellite provider has its own mobile/online platform that you can use).

#25 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

This whole work thing sucks. The last four years, I was able to just skip class to watch the games; now I have to DVR the game and avoid BN, Twitter and Facebook til after I watch it.

Don't worry, I'll text you the outcome.

#26 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

Unless I am wrong -- and I am never wrong -- there are no blackouts for the radio broadcast via the MLB app. Only the video is blocked.

#27 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

Unless I am wrong -- and I am never wrong -- there are no blackouts for the radio broadcast via the MLB app. Only the video is blocked.

Correct

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#28 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

I have this idea for a super hero, whose name is Mr. Right, because he is never wrong. His catch phrase would be: "I am NEVER wrong!" But that would be the only thing he ever says.

#29 butlerdawgs

butlerdawgs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:mwerner1814

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

This whole work thing sucks. The last four years, I was able to just skip class to watch the games; now I have to DVR the game and avoid BN, Twitter and Facebook til after I watch it.

Damn You!!!!

#30 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

Damn You!!!!

Aren't you kids in college or some such nonsense? Why the hell are you working?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).