Joker

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:@joeyoakes
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

I try to tell myself that it can only get better from here. Right? Guys....hello????
The Outfield is Eating Andre Dawson!

#17 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

*crickets*

#18 Crockett

Crockett

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

***chirp chirp***

#19 bearzs99

bearzs99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

I have a feeling that the bullpen of August will bear very little resemblance to the current bullpen.

i agree , i dont think marmol or wood will last the year with the cubs..

#20 100 Years of Tears

100 Years of Tears

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Twitter:@ChuckDarwin1
  • LocationGeneva, Illinois

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

The Pen certainly doesn't look like a strength right now, but Woody had a couple pitches that could have easily been called strikes and ended the inning with no runs scored.

Also, this was DeJesus first game at Wrigley it's going to take him a few more to get used to the winds. If he catches that ball no runs score in the 9th either. Nobody fucks with DeJesus...except the wind fucks with DeJesus.

Besides the DeJesus play, I think Baker needs to get to the grounder that he left for Barney... watching the replay (about 20 times) it looked like a pretty easy play for him.

#21 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

The Pen certainly doesn't look like a strength right now, but Woody had a couple pitches that could have easily been called strikes and ended the inning with no runs scored.

Also, this was DeJesus first game at Wrigley it's going to take him a few more to get used to the winds. If he catches that ball no runs score in the 9th either. Nobody fucks with DeJesus...except the wind fucks with DeJesus.

Besides the DeJesus play, I think Baker needs to get to the grounder that he left for Barney... watching the replay (about 20 times) it looked like a pretty easy play for him.

That's the problem of having a non-first baseman filling in at first base at the last minute. Kind of just bad luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).