***disclaimer this is not directed at the wonderful community here on the message board just the growing level of crying by Cub fans I keep talking too***
So two games down, two games with stellar staring pitching and then two men who showed us what it means to "crap there pants"
So now the sky is falling, the world is ending, Theo is a horrible person who traded away everything of value and is only after the number one pick. We make the Astros look good, we are the new Pirates, Wood and Marmol need to sent on a bus to Timbuktu, if only we had Marshal, if only Lee Smith would come out of retirement, rabble, rabble, rabble, and oh my god Ricketts is so cheap.
IT'S ONLY BEEN TWO GAMES!
I know we all wanted to have a surprise magical season where everyone reaches and exceeds their ceiling. Where Marmol returns to 2010, where Woody's cutter is better than Mariano Rivera could have ever dreamed, where Mathers, Lahair, Stewart, DeJesus become MVP candidates, where Campana learns how to get on base, rabble, rabble, rabble.
Guess what we are not built to win this year, if that is a shock then what team did you watch last year? We are building for the future not chasing an unreachable window in the present.
So since the best fans in the world are here on the BN message board I urge everyone to reach out or ignore the fans that keep complaining about this year and point out the good things that we are seeing on the Cubs
- More aggressiveness on the basepaths
- Strong starting pitching
- A manager that isn't keeping pitchers in or because he's afraid of the bullpen wants them to reach some milestone
- An farm system is that exponentially better this year than last year
- A team that isn't leveraging the future for a chance to win 80 games this year
- An organization that is patient and calculating in the moves and decisions it makes.
- There are many more a thread has already discussed the positives - good stuff
If you come across a fan that still can't relax and enjoy the game let him know that medication is available that can calm them down. If you need assistance I suggest asking our resident pharmacist TWC with any questions. I find good craft beer is quite relaxing.
Soapbox closed, GO CUBS GO.