#1 cys_av8r

cys_av8r

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

These things are priceless. Looking forward to participating again tonight....already warming up my curse words and remote throwing arm.

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

I've been pretty blown away at the volume of participation, and the hilariousness of the visceral reactions. Certainly makes watching the game that much more enjoyable (and amped up).

#3 cys_av8r

cys_av8r

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

My wife now has another reason to hate baseball season...not only am I cursing at the TV, but now I am cursing at the TV and banging away on my keyboard at the same time.

#4 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

My wife asked me last night if this is how it is going to be all season. She said I wasn't watching the game with her but watching it with you guys.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#5 Ben in Nebraska

Ben in Nebraska

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Twitter:@TheRealBenBrush
  • LocationOutside Omaha, NE

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

This just makes me all the more sad that I had engine work to do last night and only had the game on the radio! On the plus side, Omaha has a station (and it's sister station) that broadcast 90+% of the Cubs games. The bad news is that I missed out on most of the game after getting only one Ryan Braun cheap shot.
Tonight is another busy night out and about as well. But... I've got things to look forward too as the season progresses. And to think... without #TheoDayOne it may have taken longer to find this awesome site! #RemotesBeware

#6 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

Man, I saw the subject header of this thread, and thought, "Well, damn, someone's already bitching about all the swearing on the game day threads."

To which I had an... erudite... reply ready, replete with colorful metaphors.

#7 cys_av8r

cys_av8r

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

Man, I saw the subject header of this thread, and thought, "Well, damn, someone's already bitching about all the swearing on the game day threads."

When my boy was ~1 year old, he was sitting on his Great Grandmother's lap and promptly asked her "What the Fuck?"

Luckily I have a really cool Grandma and she laughed her ass off, but that my friends is directly related to having your son in the room while watching Cubs baseball.

#8 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

When my boy was ~1 year old, he was sitting on his Great Grandmother's lap and promptly asked her "What the Fuck?"

Luckily I have a really cool Grandma and she laughed her ass off, but that my friends is directly related to having your son in the room while watching Cubs baseball.

I've been trying to set a good example for my now 6-year-old, but I must have gone over the top. During the game last night I said (something to the effect of) "He swung at a really crummy pitch!" and my boy got on my case for saying "crummy".

#9 cys_av8r

cys_av8r

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

I've been trying to set a good example for my now 6-year-old, but I must have gone over the top. During the game last night I said (something to the effect of) "He swung at a really crummy pitch!" and my boy got on my case for saying "crummy".

After several years of experience now I have gotten much better. Now I am sure my kids think I have some kind of brain damage when watching a game. Similar to the famous comedy routine of Bill Cosby, I speak in extreme sentance fragments when they are in the room.

God ........ Marmol you ............ I can't beleive you threw that .......pitch to that .......... ............. ........... ............. ........

#10 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

I love dancing with my daughter to go Cubs Go after wins, she is so conditioned that she sings it after every game... Which makes the loses more tolerable.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).