Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Cubs v. Cardinals - April 13, 2012 (TV: WGN, MLBN)

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#1 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

It sure would be nice to ruin the Cardinals' celebration today.

#2 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

It would also be nice to defecate in Matt Holiday's glove.

#3 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

Posted Image

I already sent this photo to a Card fan this morning:
Please don't feed the psychos.

#4 cys_av8r

cys_av8r

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

I would love nothing more than to pee in all of those backwards-ass, sister-screwing, chaw spittin, douchebags Cherrios.

#5 FFP

FFP

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationWorcester County, Massachusetts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

Geesh. What is this site going to be like when we have a winning record by the end of this month?

I think I can see this game today. (I know I get Fox in high def at home Saturday) But, what I'm wondering is; Is there any way I can pick up on the difference between Shark's four seam and his two seam fastball while watching on crummy tube TV's 50 ft away from me?

Seriously. Any one have clues, "field marks," I can look for, so I can tell how he is mixing it up during the game? Or do I have to wait til I'm back in front of a computer looking at someone else's charts?

#6 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

Once more, the Evil Birds are off to a good start, unfortunately. I was truly hoping that a Pujols-less, Larussa-less team would struggle at least a little, but it's hard to struggle when they are getting the kind of performance they getting out of their starters (4th best ERA) and their batters (2nd best AVG). Yes, how sweet it would be for the Cubs to rain on the Cardinal parade - especially on the day of their ring presentation, which I think is scheduled for tomorrow! The more games the Cubs take from them, the happier my weekend will be.

Let's clip their wings!!!

#7 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

Posted Image

I already sent this photo to a Card fan this morning:

I thought this would be a good idea to bring this one back up. How I'm making my son grow up a Cubs fan. I have been using this with my kids ever since and now they tell each other to watch out for the bad Cardinals. They punch babies. It's even better now that we have a 5 month old that they adore.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#8 justinjabs

justinjabs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Twitter:justinjabs
  • LocationMilwaukee

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

I'm delighted with how many games I'm catching this season - I've seen a majority or entirety of every game this season, except Samardzija's first win, I only caught the last two innings. Speaking of catching, would have liked to see Clevenger behind the dish at least today. He hit well yesterday and maybe had something to do with Shark's first spectacle. Either way, keep it going Jeff...

Posted Image

"With Reed we will succeed."
Twitter -- Blog

#9 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

My plan for the game: watch it at a Cardinals bar. We'll see how this goes.

#10 Seth

Seth

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/sethrauch
  • LocationDenver

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

While we are all waiting for the game to start, I was wondering if anyone had seen this picture of Theo from the heckler posted a few days ago? Hilarious. The latter picture reminds me of Joe Buck.

http://www.theheckle...n-theo-epstein/

#11 butlerdawgs

butlerdawgs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:mwerner1814

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

Damn rain delay. Growing up in Southern Indiana, I was surrounded by Cards fans. One of the guys in my fraternity's dads is an executive for the cards so we had a formal at Busch one year. It was pretty cool. We got to go down on the field and in the dugout. I felt bad spitting on the field and on the cardinal logo on top of the dugout while wearing a Cubs shirt, but what was I supposed to do?

#12 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

I felt bad spitting on the field and on the cardinal logo on top of the dugout while wearing a Cubs shirt, but what was I supposed to do?

Um... wipe your ass on it? I mean, if it were me, I'd have been scooting around all over that logo like a dog with worms.

#13 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

I felt bad spitting on the field and on the cardinal logo on top of the dugout while wearing a Cubs shirt, but what was I supposed to do?

Um... wipe your ass on it? I mean, if it were me, I'd have been scooting around all over that logo like a dog with worms.

This is a mental picture that will haunt me for the rest of my days.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#14 butlerdawgs

butlerdawgs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:mwerner1814

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

Thought about pissing or shitting on the field, but I didn't want to disrespect my brother's dad. He did give us a hell of a deal on an event they don't allow.

#15 cys_av8r

cys_av8r

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

My plan for the game: watch it at a Cardinals bar. We'll see how this goes.

Watch out for your cornhole buddy....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).