#1 sven-erik312

sven-erik312

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Isn't there somone here in Bleacher Nation from Europe that's using MLB TV? How is it working with respect to blackouts of Cubs games, and for that matter (dare I say it) White Sox games too?

#2 gblan014

gblan014

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

Don't quote me on this stuff, but I believe blackouts only exist in the media catchment areas of each MLB team. For example, MLB.tv subscribers in the Chicagoland area can't get White Sox or Cubs games on MLB.tv and, I believe no one in Canada can catch Blue Jays games on there either (kind of odd, but yeah). If you're in Europe, I believe you'd actually get the most from MLB.tv as no games whatsoever should be blacked out. Check out this link for more info (bullet #8 has info about blackouts) :

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...riptions.jsp#q9

#3 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

I only clicked on this post because you have a cool name Sven-Erik. I think glban is right, the only blackouts are for local coverage areas, so you should be good to go.

#4 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

That was my understand, too, but until Ohio breaks off and joins the EU, I can't say for certain.

#5 sven-erik312

sven-erik312

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Thanks King Jeff, that really is my first name, it's about as Swedish as you can get. The Swedes get a good laugh out of the fact that me, an American, has that name. When I give concerts over here and say my name to the audience, they always laugh as they hear my American accent when I speak Swedish.
Brett, you don't want to join the EU. If you guys think there is too much red tape in the States, you should see it here. An example:
There was a bus route somewhere in Stockholm that was OK for one driver to run according to Swedish law, but accourding to EU law, the route was too long for one driver. So, what did the Swedes do? They solved the problem by having the driver stop the bus halfway through the run, get out, change the number on the bus and keep going.
Here is the link to the Swedish Baseball Federation, there is a link to the English translation up at the top towards the rignt:

http://iof1.idrotton...ult.aspx?id=774

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).