MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

So how's was week 2? Some close games and King Jeff having a career week. The Michigan BanHammers recorded it's first lost because Justin Verlander could finish a game (or Leyland couldn't pull him) and I gave the Cubs the gift of Adam Wainwright forgetting how to pitch. But this week is a new opportunity for the BanHammer to lay down its thunder.

But the prize must go the Katie's team - Tainted Glove and their new slogan Fear the Taint! Anyone else a fan of Mr. Show with Bob and David? If you are you now why that slogan is amazing.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#2 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

While I do indeed "fear the taint", I learned a long time ago to "not put my dick in those holes". So I think I'll be alright. The Queen will bow to the King this week.

Oh yeah, suck it Edgar. You talked shit and got your ass handed to you by the King. I hope your team does better next time, I like it when our matchups are still in doubt past Tuesday.

#3 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

While I do indeed "fear the taint", I learned a long time ago to "not put my dick in those holes".

Excellent Mr. Show reference "I am just a simple man I sell leather pants" - one of their best bits.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#4 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

Just about 30 points separating 1-4...tight at the top. Should wrap up the division sweep this week.

#5 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Really F'ed myself in the A this week by not understanding rules. First off, I had like a top 5 or six score, but still lost. So that's always fun about fantasy. Then I decided to fix some stuff midweek and dropped some players. I guess those players don't count for my score for the few days after I dropped them, which makes sense. Then I lost by four points. Shit damn piss. I think I'll have this figured out by the end of the season...

#6 butlerdawgs

butlerdawgs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:mwerner1814

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

Really F'ed myself in the A this week by not understanding rules. First off, I had like a top 5 or six score, but still lost. So that's always fun about fantasy. Then I decided to fix some stuff midweek and dropped some players. I guess those players don't count for my score for the few days after I dropped them, which makes sense. Then I lost by four points. Shit damn piss. I think I'll have this figured out by the end of the season...

I had the same problem. I'm still building my team up after autodraft drafted two players that aren't on a team; plus, ellsbury went down, which sucks for my team. Hopefully next week will be much better for me. Had a couple of good outings from a couple of pitchers, but my batters are just woefully underperforming.

#7 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

I'm still carrying a guy (Parker) on my starting players who is not currently in the majors. It didn't matter this week, but it's bound to eventually.

I honestly thought Parker or Miller would be up at the start of the season. I may have to rethink some things...

#8 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Are you the guy that dropped Johnny Venters? If so, I must thank you, I was in desperate need of a reliever.

#9 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

While I do indeed "fear the taint", I learned a long time ago to "not put my dick in those holes".

Excellent Mr. Show reference "I am just a simple man I sell leather pants" - one of their best bits.

Mr. Show is one of the most under rated shows of all time. That shit is hilarious.

#10 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

My secret weapon didn't work i have 6 starters and 1 reliever. They haven't changed bard to sp yet.

#11 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

I will be destroyed by Jeff this week. That asshole already has 47 points to my goose egg. Blarg.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#12 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

WARNING THIS LINK IS NSFW - Not safe for work.

Below is the skit from Mr. Show that talks about the Taint, completely hilarious but it may offend some so watch in a place that will not get you in trouble. Enjoy!

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#13 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

I will be destroyed by Jeff this week. That asshole already has 47 points to my goose egg. Blarg.

And Roy Halladay is pitching tonight.

#14 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

I get double Verlander this week.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#15 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

League and Venters counted all week for you. Even after you dropped them. League gave you 8 points yesterday. I beat you fair and square stink. I watched the Angels/Yankees game last night to see if Trumbo could get you the points you needed. He came pretty close. His first at-bat homerun made me a bit nervous.

2-0 beeotches. Vegas has me as the favorite to win it all this year. Place your bets on the Slumbusters!
- die hard fanclub member #001

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).