King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

Really F'ed myself in the A this week by not understanding rules. First off, I had like a top 5 or six score, but still lost. So that's always fun about fantasy. Then I decided to fix some stuff midweek and dropped some players. I guess those players don't count for my score for the few days after I dropped them, which makes sense. Then I lost by four points. Shit damn piss. I think I'll have this figured out by the end of the season...

I just dropped my catcher to add a new one and now can't replace him this week and subsequently won't get any points from the catcher position this week. I hate weekly lineup changes. If the lineup "locks", then changes shouldn't go into effect til next week, even if I drop someone.

It is going to take some getting used to if we decide to keep it. I kind of like having the same lineup all week, but it would be nice to be able to replace injured guys. That's probably not possible though. I probably got Johnny Venters on waivers because of a misunderstanding of a roster rule, but no one has said anything about it yet.

#32 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Really F'ed myself in the A this week by not understanding rules. First off, I had like a top 5 or six score, but still lost. So that's always fun about fantasy. Then I decided to fix some stuff midweek and dropped some players. I guess those players don't count for my score for the few days after I dropped them, which makes sense. Then I lost by four points. Shit damn piss. I think I'll have this figured out by the end of the season...

I just dropped my catcher to add a new one and now can't replace him this week and subsequently won't get any points from the catcher position this week. I hate weekly lineup changes. If the lineup "locks", then changes shouldn't go into effect til next week, even if I drop someone.

It is going to take some getting used to if we decide to keep it. I kind of like having the same lineup all week, but it would be nice to be able to replace injured guys. That's probably not possible though. I probably got Johnny Venters on waivers because of a misunderstanding of a roster rule, but no one has said anything about it yet.

I figured out what happened to me - I dropped Olivo who hadn't played yesterday so he was "unlocked", and picked up Jason Castro who had played yesterday so he was "locked". So I can't put Castro in my lineup til next week and the catcher is empty this week. That is, unless MG or Sam would be nice enough to help me rectify my silly error :)

#33 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

Are you kidding me: Cliff Lee has a 10 inning shutout and gets a ND! I'm happy with the 47 pts but if he got a win he would have had 65+ pts. LEARN TO HIT PHILLY! Of course I'm sure Sam is saying a similar thing about Cain and the Giants.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).