King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

I knew something was missing. We need to come up with a Bleacher Nation tradition for in season off days. Any ideas?

#4 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Yes, but at least we didn't lose today!

Who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky and there'll be a rain out tomorrow, and the Cubs will be on a non-losing streak!

#5 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Tradition? Something involving banana hammocks perhaps?

Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#6 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

I knew something was missing. We need to come up with a Bleacher Nation tradition for in season off days. Any ideas?

I'm in. Airing of grievances? Or should we leave that to a once annual Festivus?

#7 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

An in-depth Grateful Dead discussion. I propose comparing and contrasting the changes in Garcia's guitar tones, specifically the '74 Wolf sound vs. the '77 Wolf sound.

#8 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

An in-depth Grateful Dead discussion. I propose comparing and contrasting the changes in Garcia's guitar tones, specifically the '74 Wolf sound vs. the '77 Wolf sound.

It's good of you to keep reminding us that you're a hippy. It'd be all to easy to forget, what with your new avatar...

#9 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

It's good of you to keep reminding us that you're a hippy. It'd be all to easy to forget, what with your new avatar...

I'm just impressed he finally decided to step up and reveal himself.

#10 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

I know. I look like such a preppy wannabe in this pic.

#11 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

I'm just impressed he finally decided to step up and reveal himself.

Yo, I just could NOT turn down using this rockstar pic from jamming w/ my buddy at the campground two weeks ago. I have no memory of the pic being taken ( ::shock:: ), but I'll be goddamned if it didn't capture me looking much more awesome that I actually play.

#12 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

I'm in. Airing of grievances? Or should we leave that to a once annual Festivus?

Well for starters this site really needs to ... Oh wait you meant about the cubs. Oops my appologies.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#13 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

Travel days, or just plain off days... They just aren't the same as the days when you can wake up with anticipation of a Cubs game that day... At least yesterday, even though the Cubs had an off day, the Sox didn't... and the beauty of THAT is getting to watch THEM fall apart, late in a game that they should'a won. A Sox loss is the next best thing to a Cubs win...

#14 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Okay, since no one else came up with anything, I'll make a suggestion. Everytime there is an off day, we each come to the off day and make a comment about how much we can accomplish that day because we don't have a Cubs game to watch/obsess over.

For example: Since the Cubs are off today, I'll finally have time to ..... take a shower.
or The Cubs are off today, so I might as well.... finish reading that Tolstoy novel.

#15 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

The Cubs were off yesterday, so I actually worked while I was at the office.
Please don't feed the psychos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).