TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

The Cubs were off yesterday, so I was able to fully enjoy a contractor craning 13 6500lb. trees over a house and into the locations I specified in a client's backyard, without worrying that I was missing another outstanding Cubs performance.

(I'd love to include a pic of this, but there doesn't' seem to be a way to upload a pic without the pic being hosted somewhere (I think).)

#17 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

The Cubs were off yesterday, so I wrote about the Cubs.

#18 cys_av8r

cys_av8r

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

I'll take a day off over that late term abortion of a game we witnessed last night.

#19 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Even worse than an off day.... a POSTPONED game... You get all excited for a game, then the game is called for some unforseen reason. VERY disappointing!

Yeah, I'm looking outside (and on the radar) and it doesn't look good for the game this afternoon. Maybe if they delay it for a few hours they can get it in... who knows...

#20 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

In retrospect, I'd rather Cubs had been rained out yesterday... not a great day for them after two VERY exciting days... very anti-climatic.

#21 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

The Cubs are off today, so I'm going to try to get some fucking work done. No promises.

#22 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

Today sucks, just like Blue said. Hard to have an offday after the way things played out.

#23 cys_av8r

cys_av8r

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

On a side note, I hate the fucking Phillies.

#24 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

On a side note, I hate the fucking Phillies.

Well who doesn't?
Please don't feed the psychos.

#25 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

That's the "funny thing" about being a Cubs fan... Maybe it's just me, be throw out pretty much ANY team (other than the Cubs), and I will probably be thinking, "[insert team name here]... I HATE [insert team name here]!" Maybe it's because pretty much any team that comes to mind has had their way with the Cubs.

Maybe I'm the only one here, but this is how I rank my favorite MLB teams- top five;
1. The Cubs!
2. Anyone playing the White Sox
3. Anyone playing the Cardinals
4. Anyone playing the Brewers
5. Anyone playing the Yankees

The rest of the MLB, I hate, to varying degrees.

#26 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

That's the "funny thing" about being a Cubs fan... Maybe it's just me, be throw out pretty much ANY team (other than the Cubs), and I will probably be thinking, "[insert team name here]... I HATE [insert team name here]!" Maybe it's because pretty much any team that comes to mind has had their way with the Cubs.

Maybe I'm the only one here, but this is how I rank my favorite MLB teams- top five;
1. The Cubs!

I actually found myself actively rooting for the Yankees during that game against the Red Sox last weekend.

#27 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

1. The Cubs!

I actually found myself actively rooting for the Yankees during that game against the Red Sox last weekend.

Yeah, it sometimes gets complicated trying to determine who to hate the most at any given point in time. Things get gray when the White Sox play the Cardinals, for instance... you think, man, I sure wish that a game could end in a scoreless tie!

#28 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

1. The Cubs!

Yeah, it sometimes gets complicated trying to determine who to hate the most at any given point in time. Things get gray when the White Sox play the Cardinals, for instance... you think, man, I sure wish that a game could end in a scoreless tie!

Yeah. Or the stadium could collapse. Whichever.

#29 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

1. The Cubs!

Yeah. Or the stadium could collapse. Whichever.

I wasn't going "there" with my VERBALIZED thinking, but yeah, similar thoughts cross my mind. What can I say? A "poor sporting", "sorry losing", "sour grape eating" attitude lurks in my dark soul.

#30 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

bump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).